My name is Sabrina and I am a current college undergrad student. I have been accepted to go on an amazing trip to Thailand to volunteer there for three weeks. This is a once in a lifetime experience, and I would love to be able to help out in Thailand!
A LITTLE ABOUT THAILAND
- Devote one week to the conservation of rehabilitated elephants in the northern jungles near Chiang Mai, working alongside local wildlife researchers to develop an understanding of the crucial survival of these species.
- Participate in daily efforts to feed, bathe, and care for Asian elephants, including young, juvenile elephants born into captivity as well as older elephants who have been rescued from logging and tourism industries.
- Assist in planting and harvesting efforts in the surrounding jungles and mountains to provide sugar cane plants, which are the elephants’ primary food source.
- Focus efforts in a local school for one week by assisting with local agriculture and environmental projects which provide schools with nutritional food sources, such as greenhouses, vegetable gardens and mushroom houses.
- Develop leadership skills and personal growth by engaging in impactful workshops in scenic locations.
- Explore Thai culture hiking scenic waterfalls, kayaking on lakes, shopping in vibrant street markets, visiting Buddhist temples, cooking traditional Thai food, and zip-lining through jungles.
- Emerge as an individual with broader perspective and greater understanding of own potential and ability.
Thank you for taking your time to read this! if you would like some additional information, you can go to http://www.edventureintl.com/tours/thailand/