Enter My Scientific Health
My name is Nikola Nacev and I am on a mission to improve human health by being a loud advocate. I want to engage everyone to approach health rationally and using the latest scieitntif helath knowledge.
MSc. in Biomedical Sciences @ University KU Leuven in Belgium - ranked among the top 50 universities worldwide.Understanding how people approach personal health is such an obvious starting point towards solving the common health problems that dominate our modern societies.
Experts such as clinical doctors and health economists are always calling for more preventative health measures. They are saying - the world needs better ways to motivate individuals to take meaningful action and prevent health issues in a timely manner.
All the while, cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular conditions are becoming increasingly expensive to manage across the globe. Yet these are also preventable, along with numerous other health burdens. People need trustworthy information in order to make informed choices on how to improve personal health.
For all these reasons, I started My Scientific Health – the first 100% Evidence-Based Website with Actionable Health Information – Only Proof, Zero Nonsense!
My Scientific Health - Optimal Health Articles
We encourage you to check out our work before considering making a pledge to our campaign.
Here are three examples of articles featured on our website:
With your generous help, we can publish many more original and informative articles!
If you are new to our project, here is some important background info first.
What Can We Accomplish Together?
With your generous help, together we can:
- fight back against the spread of misinformation and fake news by making health science easy to understand for the public
- match consumers health interests with the latest research and scientific knowledge worth learning about
- facilitate an environment where the principles of health prevention and health optimization are more widely practiced
- set novel standards for honest marketing in the online health industry – filter out nonsense & magical ‘health solutions’
- usher in a new era of informed consumerism – an era in which scientific evidence is trusted on a more massive scale
Together we can really make our vision of bringing 100% evidence-based health - a reality.
Current Problems with Health Information
It should not surprise us that the high demand for health knowledge is often matched with poor-quality information. While people are free to write anything and share posts anytime, misinformation exists everywhere across our modern internet.
Between all the health websites, social media groups, blogs, and forums – people who search for reliable health information constantly feel that they are being tricked into purchasing just another product or service.
What’s more, interpreting scientific evidence is tricky for people who are not are not trained specialists in medical or public health research fields.
Business Plan & Achieving Targets
We divide our growth plan into meaningful stages – each of these phases features realistic steps for achieving our set targets.
Phase 1 (COMPLETE): Project Development and Getting Online
The initial phase is complete - you can already see our work on our website!
Check out My Scientific Health and see for yourself whether the quality-focused work our team does is worth your reading time.
Phase 2 (ACTIVE PHASE): My Scientific Health Rapid Growth Phase
You can contribute to the fulfillment of this CURRENTLY ACTIVE PHASE! With your kind support, we can bring even more actionable and evidence-based health content. This is exactly the type of information that is badly missing on the internet today.
PHASE 2: GOALS & TARGETS
We expect the following goals to be completed within four months after we receive funds:
- 40 original articles (10 in each of our 4 main categories: Diet, Exercise, Supplements & Mind-Body) - we plan to publish 10 articles per month, for 4 months in a row!
- 2,500+ social media posts (16 social media posts for each article we publish = 40 articles x 16 social posts = 640 social posts, which will be shared across 4 major social networks = 2,560 posts) in a narrow time frame of 4 months – great public engagement!
- Personalized marketing through targeting social media campaigns for specific audiences and the accompanying health interests of audiences
- Contracting of one visual designer and one web-development expert to improve the user experience on our website and help with branding
- Contracting two freelance writers to write articles – must hold at least BSc. level of education in medical or public health study fields
- Starting a company in the US and improving legal aspects of our business
Reliable Health Information - Our Service & Passion
We really want to make it easy for people to gain reliable health information! This is why we only produce well-researched and meaningfully structured articles. Our articles focus on Optimal Health Topics & Actions - featuring in-depth analysis of various health matters that people are of interest for people who want to learn more.
Our planned budget is approxipatelly 15,000 $ for 40 original articles = 375 $ per article on our website. This makes it possible to pay our freelance contractors and content producers at least 10$ / hour.
SINGLE ARTICLE TIME & EFFORT BREAKDOWN
Each of our articles requires approximately 35 to 40 hours to research, develop and publish!
- 9-10h Research Phase: using complex search strategies on Google Scholar and NCBI PubMed to discover topic-specific scientific articles
- 10-11h Article Outline: carefully selecting important ideas and sorting scientific references into meaningful parts of the whole article
- 10-11h Article Writing: ‘translating’ from complex academic language into simplified English, using a friendly tone :)
- 5-6h Editing & Publishing: plugging the new article content into web-format, testing, and, when finally ready, publishing
- 1h Social Media: developing content to help spread the evidence-based useful info contained in each article
Your Kind Support Matters!We have already developed and brought you the first 100% evidence-based health website with actionable health information. With your help, we can accomplish much more and improve the quality of health information worldwide!
Together we can usher in a new era of informed consumerism – an era in which scientific evidence is trusted on a massive scale. My Scientific Health has the potential to be a driving force in the battle against fake news in health.
If you are passionate to see the positive impact that we can have in today’s information-driven world, then please consider making a pledge to support our project. You would be supporting My Scientific Health – and our ultimate guiding principle Only Proof, No Nonsense!
If you are unable to contribute money, then please share our project with your family and friends. This means a lot to us too!
Last, don’t forget to follow us on:
PS. A Look into the Future – Phase 3
Pending the success of this fundraising campaign – we are already planning into the future and thinking about even bigger goals.
The next in line - Phase 3 is all about the development of the Optimal Health Tool & App. This tool will be integral to our website and it will exist as a mobile application too. The main service offered aims to match visitor personal health interest with the latest scientific health knowledge across ALL OF OUR CONTENT. No more aimless browsing - everyone deserves reliable and evidence-based health information at the click of a button!