Early morning of December 30, 2016, my mother Ellen Inventor, 61 years of age suffered stroke. We immediately called for an ambulance and rushed her to the hospital. After an hour and 30 minutes of travel, we reached the hospital. My mother's left part of the body is paralyzed. She was rushed to emergency room and given her first aid. We were advised that she will be admitted into an ICU. She was given medicine, undergone CT scan and X-ray so that doctors could assess the damage on her brain. Doctors advised us that if she cannot respond to the medicine, immediate operation to the brain might be done to remove the blood clot on her head in order to save her life. The good thing is my mother is conscious even she suffered stroke.
Doctor installed ventilator to her to help her in breathing. Our doctor advised us for the surgery. Before any waivers to be signed, my father and i had a conversation to decide whether we will proceed with the operation. Even after the operation, the doctors cannot guarantee us for my mother's survival. She might be alive but still be attached to life support system. So we decided not to proceed with the operation. My mother's condition that time was so very critical that we already waiting for a miracle to happen. After 3 days of waiting, our doctor talked to us that she is waiting for my mother's condition to deteriorate but that didn't happened and my mother's condition has gone better. Doctor's tell us that she is lucky, but we never called that a luck but a miracle. Days and gone past and my mother's condition is slowly getting better. January 7, was her birthday and the first time she was able to open her eyes again. My mother received her greatest birthday gift, the gift of her second life. Days past and medications for her blood clot has reduced, and doctors showing and seeing some improvement to her body. We are spending almost P18000.00 per day in the ICU including her medicines and the ventilator. Right now, doctors are treating her pneumonia and medicine for pneumonia are very expensive. Doctors right now are in the stage of testing her body if she can breath independently and to determine if she can breath with out the help of ventilator. If she passes, doctors will try to remove her ventilator.
Right now we are seeing some improvements to her condition and every day we are expecting her to recover. My mother admitted at Adventist Medical Center- Bacolod, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines.
Please keep us and my mother in your thoughts, prayers and your generous donations are very much appreciated and treasured. From the bottom of our heart we thank you for your support and may blessings will be with us all. Thank you very much.