Moyo Education provides an integrated, theme-based approach to teaching and learning in the Lower Primary Phase (Grades 00-3). Through this integrated approach, learners will be equipped with the desired knowledge, skills and attitudes required for their first years of school. The aim of our range is to develop and prepare learners in the Lower Primary Phase for further, more formal learning in primary grades. Our range is based on the National Curriculum of Namibia and ensures that the suggested learning content for Grades 0-3 are covered, consolidated and revised. Our range of books was reviewed by the Department of Education in Namibia and we have received their stamp of approval. In their letter to us they stated, "NIED (The National Institute for Educational Development) is therefore pleased that the Moyo Education books submitted are relevant and useful learning materials for primary schools and can be used to enhance the quality of education."We have learner workbooks and teacher guides available in Afrikaans and English for each of the Grades; 4-5 year old, 5-6 year old, Grade 1, Grade 2 and Grade 3.
Since we started our business, we have had numerous schools contacting us to implement our range of theme-based workbooks in their schools. We currently provide theme-based workbooks to 25+ schools in Namibia. These schools are well-established schools and they have the funds available to implement our range of books.
Unfortunately, there are schools that are less-fortunate regarding their financial capabilities. Moyo Education has been in contact with some of these schools and we have determined that they would benefit from our range. They have energetic and passionate teachers who would like to offer their learners the best possible teaching and learning experience. They have assessed our range and would like to implement it. We have offered them an opportunity to motivate why they would like to implement specifically our range. Their motivations are included below.
- We are based in a rural community with little resources available. Limited parent involvement and funds contributed.
- The Moyo range would eliminate photocopying as all worksheets are included in the books. We would save a lot of money on photocopying.
- Moyo range of work books are well structures and are clear for beginners to develop a sense of speaking and hearing English as a language that they do not speak every day. Our day care centre is just starts with work as an upcoming centre and therefore we do not have enough material for every child to use on a daily basis. So we want to implement the Moyo range of workbooks. (sic)
- We would like to implement the Moyo range of workbooks as your learning content is accompanied by pictures to support different learning styles. As a pre-primary teacher i would love to use your books to lay a solid foundation for my learner's. We are in need of workbooks and reading books for English for grade RR to grade 3. (sic)
- As we are a "farm school" we always seem to be last on the list and on everyone's mind, educational wise. Therefore resources are limited and this sadness me as a teacher because I want to expose my learners to as much educational material as possible. To create individual's that are well equipped for the next grade. I therefore believe that having your materials it will also lighten the load on us as teachers...cause I am forever searching for materials . on topics. I know having your material I can reach my goal, exposing learners to excellent work materials, thus laying a solid foundation in each child. I thank you for acknowledging our school and giving us an opportunity to brighten the future in learning. (sic)
- For quite a few years we have been providing thousands of parents in our community with access to developing their children with the needed skills, after-school tutoring and recreational progress for school readiness. This has been made possible by the numerous donations we have received from our aware citizens. However, we now need to upgrade our Gr R and Gr RR workbooks and was wondering if you could show us some generosity and support by a donation for the needed learning materials. Moyo Education's workbooks will be such a great advantage to our children for their education readiness and development.
We are very confident that our range of theme-based workbooks would have a positive effect on pre-primary and primary school teachers and learners in Namibia.We started this endeavour because of our passion for education in our country. We believe that we are already making a great impact on a lot of teachers’ and learners’ lives. We have committed us to finding these schools sponsors. As we are a start-up and fairly small company, we cannot afford to donate the books to these schools.
Would you please consider sponsoring any amount you see fit that could contribute to helping at least one learner, grade or school? We would be grateful if we could assist just one teacher or one child by means of your contribution.
Thank you for taking the time to consider our proposal. We truly hope that you would be able to assist us in our dream of positively impacting lower primary education in Namibia.
Moyo is dedicated to providing quality resources for teaching and learning in Namibia.
Moyo for you. Moyo for each child. Moyo for our country!