Moufflons is a non-profit association. Our mission is youth empowerment through sports and non-formal education. We support young people, especially those from underprivileged backgrounds, to become agents of change by utilizing sports as tools, particularly basketball and other non-formal education. Our association assists not only young people but also all vulnerable groups in the development of their confidence, general and specific knowledge as well as life skills in order to create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities. Our programmes focus on learning, sharing and putting the acquired skills, knowledge and attitudes into action.
We believe in the positive impact of sport, and in particular basketball, as it helps to teach positive life skills such as work ethic, communication, leadership, teamwork, resilience, commitment and respect. We are an association defined by our culture; we are determined, dedicated to work hard for the benefit of all.
We are now looking for your help to elevate our basketball related efforts.
Our fundraising efforts will go towards:
- Establishing self-sustainable basketball programmes for youth of all backgrounds
- Increasing the number of women participating in basketball
- Increasing the number of individuals playing basketball especially at the grassroot and amateur levels regardless of social and ethnic backgrounds
- Reducing operational costs and participation fees
- Sending underprivileged and vulnerable group members to summer basketball camps
- Organizing events (lectures, workshops, trainings and tournaments) for underprivileged and vulnerable groups
- Integrating disadvantaged youth and vulnerable groups with the local community through basketball
- Tackling discrimination by showing that basketball knows no ethnicity, gender or social-economic status
We plan to execute the first stage of the program by the end of 2022. All the participants will be informally educated on anti-racism, differences of cultures, discrimination as well as on gender equality. The implementation of the program started in September 2021 and all Covid-19 protocols and measures will be strictly adhered to at all gatherings. Updates will be posted regularly on our official web site.
Let’s build a better future for our youth! Take action and donate now. Be the change this world needs.