I want to travel Santiago de Campostella by motorcycle. The trip is scheduled from the 1. July until 1. August.
What is my Motivation?
A few years ago I tried a similar trip with my old Motorcycle for one week and really enjoyed it. I always wanted to do it again and travel further than just the south of France and have more time to do so. Since then, I had to sell my Motorcycle and got married.
Since now, I am divorced and have a Harley Davidson Sportster 883 that I could borrow from Andreas, I want to realize this long held dream of mine.
Why I want to do it now is simple, I feel that it is the right time, I went through a lot of change during the last two years and worked on a lot of Projects that are really important to me. But I never had the time and money to take a break. And for me the best way to do this is me on a motorcycle, the road and nothing more than a sleeping bag and a Tarp.
How much do I need?
I think I will need around 75 Franks per Day during this trip, this is with food and the occasional accommodation. Adding another 250 Franks for unplanned expenses.
Since I work part-time on an Hourly paid job, I don't get paid when I don't work, so I need a way to fund my endeavor, and since I would have asked my friends and family anyway I thought, maybe a can extend it to more people. Maybe there are People out there willing to help me fulfill my dream
What you get out of it?
Depending on how much you contribute you get Access to my travel blog => A postcard from my trip => A souvenir.
What is the itinerary?
1. Getting out of Switzerland, this will be done on travel Day 1-2, I am still not sure if I take the fast way(Highway) or the slow way through the Jura.
DEPARTURE: 11:00 probably on Thursday the 1. July from Walzwerk in 4144 Arlesheim
2. Grenoble => Die N85 (Route Napoleon) until the Gorges du Verdon
Day 3 - 5
3. Probably back to Valance and then the N7(Route 66 of Europe) to Avignon and from there to the Cévennes.
Day 6 - 9
4. Over part of the Pyrenees to Barcelona, where I will me Tobias Friend of mine.
Day 10 - 14
5. From Barcelona the westbound following (Camino de Santiago) until Santiago de Compostela
Day 15 - 18
6. Heading West until I hit the west coast of Spain and then starting my way back following the north coast of Spain traveling through Galicia and then through the Pyrenees.
Day 19 - 25
7. Heading home Traversing France and heading back home.
This of course is a rough itinerary and is there to give me some guideline, I will during this trip listen to my gut and change my plan according to what my feeling says.
Sponsors & Supporters
Andreas Renz - Harley Davidson Sportster 883
Steffanie Zehnder - Pair of Sunglasses
Vital Vogt - 40.- CHF
Suzanne Regez- 50.- CHF
Silas Hörler - Leather Jacket & Trousers
Simon Grossen - 50 CHF
Stefan Zwyssig - 60 CHF
Peter Kaufmann - 50 CHF
Nicole Meier/Grossen 200 CHF
Barbara Wenk - 500.- | Website
S-I-T - 500.- | revenue share
Impact Hub Basel/Céline Bedu - 350.- | Cocktails
FreshX GmbH/Kai Mosebach - 1'000.- | New Job!
Things I Still need
- Good Gloves