Dear friends and family (and hopefully also some friends of friends!),
For those who don’t know me already, my name is Marša. I come from a small feisty country - Slovenia, Europe. I am a crazy dancer, a truly good friend, a lovely independent wife, an energetic mother of two and a very diligent 0-12 certified Montessori teacher with a small school of her own, which opened a year ago here in Slovenia.
A couple of years ago I travelled to the US to receive my 3-6 AMS (Montessori teaching) certificate. While there, I was very fortunate to meet the Kambich family. They are also of Slovene descent. They are an incredibly ambitious lot and just amazing people (Lisa Kambich was awarded the Living Legacy title in 2016).
Starting in 1998, The Kambich family helped open the Victoria Montessori School in Entebbe, Uganda. Since 2001, the school has educated almost 400 young Ugandans using the Montessori method, and trained several teachers. It has been a great success, and I have been wanting to volunteer at the school since learning about it. I really want to go and show active support in those parts, and with my ten years of experience as a Motessori teacher, and as an owner of a school myself, I truly believe I am at a stage where I can make a positive contribution. The plan is:
- to teach in the 6-12 enironment for a month in the summer of 2020
- to offer support on teacher education with the topics of handling materials, Montessori philosophy and parent-teacher relationships
- to organize material-making workshops to enrich the existing environment
If you feel this is a worthy cause and you are in a position to donate, I would be forever thankful to receive any amount that you are able to contribute.
If you’d like more information, see the resources below or contact me directly!
With humility and thanks,
- how the Montessori philosophy traveled to Uganda: https://montessori-schools.com/outreachafrica.html
- the school in Uganda: http://montessori-schools.com/vmontessori/
- our school: https://www.kajzica.si/
- Lisa Kambich's Living Legacy Award: https://www.questia.com/magazine/1P4-1939838255/2016-living-legacy-carolyn-kambich
- Montessori: https://montessori-ami.org/about-montessori