I am Angelita Custorio, a co-servant of God to proclaim the “good news”. I’m one of the active members of our church here in Manila, Philippines.
In November 2009, I came to know more of God and submit my life to Him.Through years of thriving about the truth of the gospel, I experienced how God is full of compassion and that He loves every creation.One bible passage that struck me is taken from the book of Romans chapter 10:
Verse 14: How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how they are to hear without someone preaching?Verse 15: And how are they to preach unless they are sent?As it is written “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news.”
Last September 2017, I was privileged to be chosen by our congregation as a part of the twelve mighty men and women who will go to the nation of Bhutan.Allow me to inform you a little background and current state of this nation:
- Bhutan is a multi religious nation—74% are Buddhist, Hinduism ranks the second with 22.6%; Christianity runs with only 0.5% of population.
- Bhutan is a landlocked country in South Asia. Located in the Eastern Himalayas, it is bordered by Tibet Autonomous Region of China in the north, the Sikkim state of India and the Chumbi Valley of Tibet in the west, the Arunachal Pradesh state of India in the east, and the West Bengal and Assam states of India in the south.
- It is South Asia’s second least populous nation after the Maldives.
- Thimphu is the capital and largest city of Bhutan.
- The country is being known for being really small and being really happy.
Our mission in Bhutan is to:
- Engage the graduating students in one of the universities there, and share with them the love of God through Jesus Christ who can change lives.
- Bless and support the local church and the young people.
- A possible God’s endeavor for a church planting in the city of Thimphu.
The vision to go and reach out to nations is something great a person can do.And I can all do this through partnership.Currently, I am meeting and getting in touch with as many people as possible to encourage them to be part of what God is doing in Bhutan.I am writing this letter to you to give an opportunity to join us in obeying the great commission.I hope that you would prayerfully consider partnering with me through your support for this outreach endeavor.My mission goal is PHP 175,000.00 (est. $ 3,500.00) to cover my expenses for airfare tickets, visa, food and accommodation.
Thank you so much! I am looking forward for a fruitful mission that God had prepared me to do.
BELIEVING JESUS WILL CHANGE THE WORLD