ZAR35,361raised of R40,000.00 goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
My son, Max was born on the 1 June 2020, in Hanoi, Vietnam. I was scheduled to be in Vietnam in May 2020 just before his birth, but unfortunately and sadly the Covid- 19 pandemic had already spread and changed the world. International travel bans were instated and I wasn't allowed to leave South Africa or to enter Vietnam. I have tried so many ways to get to Vietnam to be there for my son, but I have yet be successful as the pandemic has dragged on. I have now, finally, found a way to enter Vietnam on a business visa and the South African borders are open for travel once more. I have an approved visa, which was incredibly expensive. The visa expires end of July and I have a chance to enter Vietnam at the end of May.
Once in Vietnam, qquarantine is compulsory, complicated and very expensive, and because of this, I need assistance. 14 day quarantine costs are R24 000, but Vietnam has now extended the mandatory quarantine period to 21 days, which includes airport shuttle service, and 3 Covid tests. Total costs are now R39 000 for my quarantine. Unfortunately, I am struggling with funds now. As was the case for so many, I was not allowed to work during South African lockdown until November of 2020 when my company started operations again. I have worked so hard and saved every bit possible, but my flight alone is R20 000 on top of the visa costs and now quarantine.
I have been through so much stress, frustration, and heartache due to this entire process during the pandemic, and it's just been obstacle after obstacle. I have already missed the first year of my son's life and will miss his first birthday next month. I simply cannot wait any longer. We might be heading into another wave of the virus, which will delay my departure even more if I cannot go on this visa I currently hold.
Asking for help is incredible difficult and uncomfortable for me, but I'm really desperate at this stage and I will do anything to get to my son. Any contribution would really help to go towards my mission to get to Max. Thank you so much!
No updates for this campaign just yet