I had to go and fetch our Mommy, Lourdes Icasiano de Guzman Laderas, in Dumaguete because she was confined in the ICU for severe headache and vomiting. After undergoing a CT Scan, it was confirmed that she had ruptured aneurysm. This damaged her right eye. The doctors handling her in Dumaguete said they cannot do the procedure there -- coiling. They said that it can only be done either in Cebu or Manila. Since we live in Laguna, the family decided to fly her back to Manila.
It took us three days to get a flight back to Manila as Philippine Airlines declined to take us on board (they did not want to allow a 'patient with aneurysm' on board and insisted we avail of an air ambulance. Something we couldn't afford because it would cost us P550,000. Finally, Cebu Pacific took us on their first flight back to Manila on Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
We then went straight to Medical Center Manila to get her assessed by the cardiologist, neurologist and the neurosurgeon. As per the assessment in Dumaguete, she really needs to undergo coiling to stop the aneurysm from bleeding. We then discussed the cost of this but as it turns out, this will depend on the number of coils that will be used for the procedure and if she would need a stent too. Initial quotation was almost P1M... procedure alone.
We have already pooled our resources, life savings but unfortunately we are not able to come up with the amount needed to go through with the procedure. So we opted to go to Philippine General Hospital hoping to get the medication our mom badly needs for less.
We are now on our second week here in the hospital (our third) My mom is still on standby waiting for the procedure to be done. We still cannot give the doctors the go signal to proceed because up to now we still do not have the money to pay for the surgery. We are humbly asking for your help to let our mom get this procedure done so we can have her back home soon.
Thank you very much.