FUND RAISING TO IMPLEMENT HOLISTIC CHILD-CENTRED EARLY YEARS EDUCATION IN UGANDA THROUGH WORLD CLASS TEACHER TRAINING
When passionate educators committed to make a change connect, this is when magic and true transformation happens. It doesn’t matter they are thousands miles away! The mission connects us and we act!
WE INITIATED THE CHANGE THAT OTHERS SEE IMPOSSIBLE
Natural Born Leaders, represented by Magdalena Matulewicz and Witold Matulewicz - teacher trainers, assessors in Children's Learning Care and Development together with passionate, talented teachers from Uganda led by John Ssentamu – a Visionary and the president of Rural Teachers Association we have officially proved that providing world class early years education can happen regardless of the place on earth, regardless of tools and educational resources, without investing in modern toys, furniture or fancy design.
UGANDA - THE FIRST AFRICAN COUNTRY TO IMPLEMENT MASTER TEACHER
Committed Early Years teachers from Rural Teachers Association in Masaka, Uganda, started their MASTER TEACHER ™ Future-Oriented Preschool Transformation Teacher Training Program in February 2020. The program was created by Natural Born Leaders, represented by Witold Matulewicz and Magdalena Matulewicz who are assessors in Children’s Care Learning and Development, experienced teacher trainers, and world schooling parents. In Uganda the program is facilitated locally by the acting president of the association, John Ssentamu.
MASTER TEACHER ™ is World's First Teacher Training Program that reaches educators from all over the world. It’s been designed to create a massive transformation in the way Early Childhood Education is provided right now.
This 6 month-long intensive training program empowers teachers to offer Hands-on Experiential Learning, recognise every child for their natural talents, and support Personalised and Full Potential Learning by using whatever resources and materials are available locally.
TEACHERS ACHIEVE MASSIVE TRANSFORMATION IN JUST TWO WEEKS!
The teachers from Rural Teachers Association in Uganda only recently started our training program, and what they have achieved so far is just mind-blowing!
How long did it take to start seeing the results?
ONE TRAINING SESSION ONLY! Yes, only one training day was enough for the teachers in Uganda to create, adopt, transform, adjust and deliver!
When designing this program we already knew how powerful it would be, but what these teachers have achieved after just one training session has blown our minds completely!
And imagine what happens in 6 months’ time when the teachers will have completed the entire training!
TEACHERS' IMMEDIATE IMPLEMENTATION IN CLASSROOM
Right after the first training session, as soon as the teachers got back to their preschool settings, they started implementing the strategies they learned.
And children from the rural areas of Masaka in Uganda started receiving world class experiential, multi-sensory, and holistic education right away!
This has been possible after only one training session.
What an amazing achievement!
The teachers felt empowered to use whatever they have available, including food items and everyday objects, to offer truly hands-on multi-sensory learning experiences!
So instead of studying books and sitting at desks, their children moved around, collaborated, touched, smelled, reasoned, compared, communicated their ideas, tried and tested. There was tons of cross-curricular learning already involved in these simple yet powerful experiences.
These teachers adopted our training input, and understood that it’s necessary to go beyond what you have or don’t have, and instead focus on learning outcomes and experiences for children.
What they came up with offered fully holistic and experiential learning without having to invest in new resources or modern equipment!
They are proud of whatever they have. This is what we call World Class Education without Boundaries!
And if this is possible in Uganda, it's possible anywhere in the world!
WE WILL CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT IMMEDIATELY WITH YOUR HELP!
TEACHERS EMPOWERED TO USE LOCAL RESOURCES TO OFFER WORLD CLASS EDUCATION
MASTER TEACHER ™ Preschool Transformation Teacher Training Program does not require investing in resources, furniture, or books.
Instead, it teaches how to become a self-reliant educator and take advantage of the local situation to create teaching resources themselves.
It teaches how to use whatever materials are available to empower all children under their care, and offer them truly World Class Early Childhood Education and Care.
It’s the world’s first experiential training program available online to reach teachers around the globe.
It’s been designed by assessors and evaluators in Children's Care Learning and Development, and teacher trainers with 20+ years of international experience in the field, who have been travelling for the past 15 years to develop a global perspective on the state of Early Years Education.
MORE THAN 100 TEACHERS MOTIVATED TO TAKE THE TRAINING - THEY NEED YOUR HELP TO COVER COSTS OF THE TRAINING
There are over 100 more passionate teachers in the rural area of Masaka, Uganda, ready to start MASTER TEACHER ™ program. However, due to a lack of funds they are not able to cover the training costs for themselves.
They are as equally motivated as the first group that already started the training, and they will too create equally amazing transformation when offered the chance to learn.
And here's why we ask for your support on their behalf!
For these teachers it means life-long empowerment, and impacting not only one generation of children but so many to come! For their children this means access to world class experiential holistic learning on a daily basis!
For Uganda it means offering the highest quality education equal to the most effective world class Early Childhood provision. This will bring about transformation for the sector and a massive shift for the entire country!
If we empower teachers in Africa to go beyond pen-paper, academic-oriented education and basic literacy and numeracy, and instead go towards fully hands-on holistic cross-curricular learning that supports development of core life skills and nurtures children's natural leadership mindset we’ll start changing the world!
If developing countries can offer experiential learning and keep using local resources only, then we are making a strong example for the whole world to follow!
And it's the cause worth our attention - because it will affect our children's future!
YOUR SUPPORT WILL HELP INTRODUCE HOLISTIC HANDS-ON CROSS-CURRICULAR EDUCATION IN AFRICA TO EMPOWER EVERY CHILD!
COSTS AND FINANCIAL BREAKDOWN
The cost of this training program is very low:
- it’s only $222 per teacher for 6 months of intensive hands-on transformation training!
This means around 1$ per day - much less than a cost of a cup of coffee!
- the entire MASTER TEACHER training program for 6 months
- onsite facilitation on our behalf that is done by local teacher trainers or educators (this way we don't need to travel to Uganda ourselves - this reduces the cost of training to the minimum, and local people are engaged in facilitating the training, which empowers the entire community even more!)
- leasing or renting equipment such as projectors and laptops to access and play the training content (one set per group, no additional resources are necessary)
- internet connection to access the pre-recorded training content and educational resources for teachers
- renting the venue for the weekly training meetings for 6 months per group
- travel expenses for facilitators and teachers
Teachers in rural area of Masaka, Uganda, receive monthly salary of around 40 USD.
Each teacher is responsible for 4-5 classes of minimum 30-40 children daily, the numbers are usually higher that this.
Every day one teacher empowers over 150 children!
This campaign does have a time deadline which means we'll be collecting funds until we're able to train all the teachers in Uganda within Rural Teachers Association outreach. New teachers will be joining the training on a regular basis as soon as the funds are available and new training groups will be formed continuously. We'll be updating you on here with results.
YOUR SUPPORT WILL HELP MAKE A LONG LASTING CHANGE FOR UGANDA, AND FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD!
ABOUT THE TRAINING
MASTER TEACHER Preschool Transformation Teacher Training Program is fully hands-on group training based on the most innovative educational approaches.
The MASTER TEACHER training program is based on a revolutionary training model:
1. Teachers participate in training sessions as a group. They watch pre-recorded interactive video training material packed with discussions, activities and tasks to engage in during each session.
2. After each training session, teachers receive tasks to implement in their own settings with children. This way the entire training becomes fully hands-on and allows for immediate implementation and feedback.
3. To make it even more empowering, teachers share their achievements and discuss their challenges with each other.
It does not require teachers to invest in resources, furniture or books. It trains them how to become self-reliant and take advantage of the local situation to create teaching resources, use materials that are available to offer truly World Class Early Childhood Education. It lasts for 6 months and during this time teachers will literally transform the early years education in their settings, region or country. They will develop skills for lives to empower children for generations to come.
The training is based on revolutionary model: pre-recorded interactive video lessons packed with discussions, activities and tasks to engage in during the session. After each training session the teachers receive tasks to implement in their setting with children so that the entire training become very much hands-on and allows for immediate implementation and feedback. Then teachers share their achievements with others and this way the training becomes even more powerful.
After completing the program teachers in Uganda will be able to :
- offer Active Hands-on Learning Experiences on a daily basis
- promote Early Literacy and Numeracy in an experiential way
- implement Child-Led Play and Play-Based Learning
- deliver Cross-Curricular and Multi-Sensory Learning
- support every single child under their care through Personalised Learning, no matter the number of children in their class
- design Play and Learning Stations (both indoors & outdoors) and create their own educational resources and materials
YOUR SUPPORT WILL HELP TEACHERS IN UGANDA RECEIVE SPECIALISED TRAINING TO OFFER HOLISTIC FUTURE-ORIENTED LEARNING TO ALL AFRICAN CHILDREN.
The training is based on:
- Instant on-the-job implementation, practical tasks, discussions, brainstorming sessions
- Based on micro learning
- Teachers' working environment is used as training environment
- Ready-to-use powerful strategies teachers can implement immediately
- Optimised for Group Training - to maximise impact teachers learn as a group, exchange ideas and inspire each other
- Packed with case-studies, real-life scenarios, best practice
- Synchronised with teachers everyday so work-no extra study time is needed
- Optimised for all curriculum frameworks
The training is aligned with British EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage Framework) and NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care Learning and Development.
HELP US GIVE TEACHERS IN UGANDA THE WORLD CLASS TEACHING SKILLS FOR LIFE TO EMPOWER GENERATIONS OF CHILDREN!
NATURAL BORN LEADERS represented by Magdalena Matulewicz and Witold Matulewicz
We’ve always believed that the role of an educator is to empower every child, to celebrate them for their gifts and uniqueness, to help them discover their talents and to offer them the most enabling environments to learn to their full potential. However, we grew up in Eastern Europe where discipline, labels and outdated teaching approaches were our reality and this left it's mark on our lives and self-image. Our natural talents were considered a "burden" and we grew up believing we were doomed to fail. This is the very reason we promised ourselves to make a real change in the way early years education is offered to all children around the world. This is the reason created MASTER TEACHER Training Programme - to empower children through teachers regardless of their location, funds, resources and limitations they experience.
Our professional background:
- Experienced Teacher Trainers, Curriculum Developers and Course Designers
- UK-certified Assessors-Evaluators in Child Care Learning Development and Play (National Vocational Qualifications in Children's Care Learning and Development CCLD and School Playwork)
- Early Years Professional Status Assessors (EYPS) - responsible for assessing the quality of Early Years and Early Childhood provisions in the UK and training Early Years Professionals
- World Schooling Parents travelling the world as a family for 15 years - by living in 30 different countries they have developed unique Global Perspective that helps them address global and local needs
Our mission is to change the way early years education is understood and provided around the world.
ABOUT RURAL TEACHERS ASSOCIATION FROM UGANDA
John Ssentamu - the President of Rural Teachers Association
Rural Teachers Association, Masaka, Uganda organises workshops for teachers, seeks partnerships with local and international organisations that share the same objectives of improving the quality of education in rural areas and making it accessible for all. We mobilise logistics that are much needed in rural schools. We are also involving our member schools into sister school programmes with other international schools.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL HELP AFRICA NURTURE CHILDREN'S NATURAL LEADERSHIP SKILLS, THEIR GIFTS AND TALENTS.
IF WE HELP AFRICA NOW, AFRICA WILL SUPPORT THE WORLD IN THE FUTURE!
First Cluster of teachers from Rural Teachers Association in Masaka, Uganda that are taking part in the MASTER TEACHER Programme.