UPDATE 11 APR 2020 12:35 : We have raised the target to $16,000 to meet massive demands for local frontline workers from other industries such as F&B and logistics. With the additional funds, we will be pledging additional 500 face shields.
View details of the beneficiaries in this link.
List of supported entities:
- 90 pieces: Indonesia - Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital (Dept. of Internal Medicine)
- 90 pieces: Indonesia - Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital (Dept. of Surgery)
- 100 pieces: Indonesia - Faculty of Medicine University of Indonesia
- 100 pieces: Indonesia - Persahabatan Government Hospital
- 20 pieces: Indonesia - University of Indonesia Hospital (RSUI)
- 100 pieces: Malaysia - Hospital Melaka
- 100 pieces: Malaysia - Hospital Permai
- 100 pieces: Malaysia - Hospital Sultan Ismail
- 100 pieces: Malaysia - Hospital Sultanah Aminah
- 100 pieces: Malaysia - Klinik Kesihatan Peringgit
- 50 pieces: Malaysia - Kinabalu Animal Clinic
- 100 pieces: Philippines - Amai Pakpak Medical Center
- 100 pieces: Philippines - Cotabato Regional and Medical Center
- 100 pieces: Philippines - Southern Philippines Medical Center
- 200 pieces: Singapore - Free Food For All [food distributors]
- 100 pieces: Singapore - Formunity [hawker personnel]
- 20 pieces: Singapore - Hougang Grassroot Leader [hawker personnel]
- 200 pieces: Singapore - Hong Kah North CC [hawker personnel]
- 100 pieces: Singapore - Migrant Matters [volunteers for migrant workers]
- 350 pieces: Singapore - Migrant x Me [volunteers for migrant workers]
- 100 pieces: Singapore - Project Chulia Street [volunteers for migrant workers]
- 120 pieces: Singapore - Red Cross Home for the Disabled [frontline home staff]
- 6 pieces: Singapore - Transient Workers Count Too [volunteers for migrant workers]
- 100 pieces: Singapore - The Food Bank Singapore [food distributors]
- Indonesia - 1 hospital
- Philippines - 1 hospital
- Malaysia - 4 hospitals
- Singapore - Several entities
We are donating face shields for free to hospitals and healthcare organisations fighting COVID-19 around the globe that requires them! These protect doctors, nurses and frontline healthcare workers, especially in countries where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are running low.
Siege Advanced Manufacturing is a Singapore 3D printing company. Our 50+ 3D printers have the capacity to manufacture hundreds of face shields per day, but we will require support to donate these for free continuously.
Our current 3D printing capacity also means that your donation goes immediately into production rather than having to buy more 3D printers to start printing. Our printing facility is equipped with 2 HEPA filters that are running 24/7, and the filament used are recent and RoHS certified.
The situation in Singapore is still under control, hence we have the opportunity to continue working to 3D print for other countries in need.
As much as we want to, external costs for the plastic sheets, elastic bands and utilities mean we cannot give these out for free for long. We have received calls for help from hospitals in Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines, but the number of face shields required are in the thousands.
We are raising funds to create a sustainable and regulated supply chain, so that these face shields manufactured and donated in a controlled manner.
Here are some important points regarding your donation:
- The amount SGD$13,000 will provide for approximately 2,000 face shields, taking into account GoGetFunding’s platform fees.
- Your donation goes into obtaining the clear plastic, elastic band, and running cost of manufacturing the face shields.
- Face shields will be donated only to healthcare organisations, not individuals, to prevent reselling and redistribution.
- We will be donating globally. Shipments will be in boxes of 50 face shields each.
- Donations will be contributed to a central pool for various healthcare organisations.
- If only a partial amount is raised, we will donate accordingly. Eg. If only SGD$6,500 was raised, we will donate 1,000 face shields.
- If there is over funding, we will produce more accordingly or donate the excess funds to COVID-19 related causes.
Here is the open-source face shield that we are manufacturing, much thanks to Prusa Research:
We would like to help out any hospitals in need. Please leave a comment if you know of any doctors in need, and we will contact them directly.
To prove that your donation is truly put to good use for the fight against this coronavirus, we will continuously update our online sites with photos of the printed face shields, and also a list of recipient hospitals.
We sincerely thank everyone who contributes to this campaign!