FINAL UPDATE : My beautiful girl has gone to heaven... I am absolutely heartbroken. I at least know she is not suffering, and she is at peace. However, I am missing her so very very much.
UPDATE : 20 /03 : Not good news at all. Marmite is not responding well to the steroid treatment - the cancer is still progressing rapidly. The Vet has upped her dosage slightly, but there is not much more we can do now other than spoil her rotten. <3 Her 4th Birthday is only in July but her pug sister Mya is on the 11th of April, ive decided we will pretend its both their birthdays and spoil them rotten, since there is a high chance Marmite wont make it to her 4th birthday. All funds raised on this page I will now be saving for when the day comes to say goodbye - as estimated costs are as follows :
Cremation - R380.
Returning of pets ashes - R1900
WHOOPING R1900 for me to get her ashes back when the time comes - but I can only do my best to raise the money in the meantime. PLEASE PLEASE find it in your heart to donate even R5! Please take a moment to share with your friends too <3 thank you <3 pug kisses <3
UPDATE : 14 / 03 - Marmites next check up is this Saturday - she has been doing ok - but slight concern as her one side of her neck is quite swollen up again <3 :-(
12/03 - We attended the Mazarat Market to try and sell some raffle tickets and other goodies to make some money for my check up and next lot of meds that is coming up on the 18th March <3 we did ok - sold a few raffle tickets and some car stickers - Marmite loved that she got to have pancakes for breakfast and having everyone pet her <3
28th Feb - I am devastated, I never thought anything like this would happen to my little puglet. I originally started this campaign to try and raise funds to cover what i thought would just be a hernia repair on my little girl, as the lump she had appeared from nowhere!! I have gotten the lab results and Marmite has lymphoma - cancer of the lymph nodes. Even with chemo treatment her life will only be extended by a short period of time, and i have had to make the decision, to try and raise the 8 - 15 thousand rand it would take for chemo, or to bring my girly home, let her heal up nicely from her surgery and treat her with steroids, to make her comfortable and keep swelling and discomfort to a minimum. It does not give her long, maybe a few months, maybe a year, but it gives me time to spoil her rotten again, and take her to the beach, and the park, and all things she loved doing. Her treatment will cost roughly R300 +- per month plus then check ups and monitoring of the lumps, and I will continue the sale of all my baby grows / glasses etc on my facebook page for anyone who would like to support. If you are able to make a donation of ANY amount, that would be truly appreciated. I am just currently awaiting feedback from the vet for the monthly costs of her meds - as she will only start the treatment once her surgery site heals. <3 much love and pug kisses from my special girl - so glad to have her home at least <3 She is only 3 years old so this is very unexpected and I am completely shattered at this news :-(
ORIGINIAL POST & START OF THIS CAMPAIGN :
Marmite is my precious little 3 year old female pug! She unfortunately somehow injured herself Thursday evening, between when I arrived home, and let her out to go for a toilet run and bringing her in to bed :-( The vet is unsure at this time exactly what to expect and surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, she thinks it may be a tumor, as the mass in her stomach is hard, but also possibly a inguinal hernia, or worst case scenario, that it is a blockage in her bowel that has pushed through her muscle wall in her groin area. I am doing my best to sell personalised little pug goodies such as car stickers, and printed t - shirts & wine glass sets, but am setting up this page, in the hopes there may be some kind hearted animal lovers who can help me reach my goal of R3500 +- worst case scenario for the surgery itself, and then boarding for her at the vet since last Thursday. <3 thank you <3 tons of pug kisses <3 Please note you are welcome to contact me should you wish to know which vet etc she is at. <3 Should you stay in Durban / locally please feel free to check out the goodies I am selling at www.facebook.com/cuteprints16 as I have uploaded the goodies I will be selling
UPDATE 21 / 02 @ 11.30 : Vet is still busy on marmite, they called to get permission to remove the mass they have found and send it for testing. they are unsure at the moment, not knowing what it is, as to what caused it to suddenly pop like that on thursday for it to cause her pain. but its not as bad as it could have been, its not bowel or anything through the muscle of her tummy. but also not as simple as a hernia
UPDATE 21 /02 @ 13.22 : Marmite is out of surgery and in recovery - I can go see her after work today for a quick visit and if all is well she can come home Thursday evening <3 her bill so far is now sitting on R2682 :-( The mass they removed from her tummy will be sent away to the lab for analysis <3 Pug kisses to all - will try get a pic of her later, dependant on how she is feeling <3
UPDATE 24 / 02 : YAY we have raised enough for Marmite to come home - but the vet is not happy with her opsite, and will be keeping her until Monday when the results of the mass removed come back :-(