€101.00Donated So Far
Have you ever had to think about where to take a shower or what will you eat today? Did your parents tuck you in and read you bedtime stories? How about education? Did you have their support during your studies?
Some of us are not that lucky.
This is a story of hope... Hope for a better future for children who don't have opportunities and possibilities that most of us take for granted.
Along with my friends from the NGO Youth association Breza (NGO that for the past 17 years provides care for youth without proper family support through social services www.breza.hr), I'm trying to raise funds for equipment needed for the house that we rented in the City of Vukovar in Croatia.
Vukovar is the city that was destroyed to a great extent during the war in Croatia in 1991 and consequences of the war can still be seen even 27 years later. (high unemployment rate, poverty, low social and economic standard).
That was one of the reasons why we decided to make changes in an area that is in fact very beautiful and has a lot of potential. Another reason was that there are no adequate programs and services that are available for children and their families. Such programs would provide them with support and would be able to answer their needs.
That's why we started working with children in Vukovar. At first, those were the children attending elementary school and now we've rented this house since it can provide them with more possibilities for quality work and support.
Through various projects, we have accomplished buying furniture and everything else that was needed in order to equip the house. We have decorated a small garden and we have filled it with flowers. This house means a lot to us. Every child looks at it as if it was their second home, where all of their needs are met. It is our great desire to buy this house so that we can continue this project that has helped so many children in Vukovar municipality.
This house is a place that will represent a supporting home for 14 children aged 7-12 starting from October 1st. 2019.
It is a place where they matter and where someone takes care of them,a place full of possibilities...
* to prepare and have a meal, to take a bath, to wash and iron their clothes...
* to learn new things: life skills (cooking, cleaning, taking care of their own hygiene and health, sewing, planting and caring for plants, ...) artistic skills (making useful things from various materials) communication skills...
* to get help with school tasks and homework ( establishing better learning skills, learn how to read and write, how to have individual approach to school chores , developing working habits...)
* to make new friends.
* to spend free time in a quality way
* to learn how to be independent, confident, responsible, compassionate and how to become strong people and to learn that they are perfect just the way they are.
If you like this idea and want to make positive changes in this world with us, give us your feedback and consider donating funds according to your possibilities. Thank you for all the good in you!
No updates for this campaign just yet