This idea came up to me when our flight got cancelled last minute! Can you imagine how LSIs are dealing with all the cancelled flights?
- some went for roro or ship already
- some waiting for refunds that take months
- some ran out of free rebooking
- some spend more money to live by because they are stranded. Lucky if they have a place to stay in!
- and remember the people who lived under the Skyway in Pasay?!
- anxiety, some people want to be home with their families!
- grief, some people lost a loved one!
- worried they will get the virus!
I can’t imagine how stressful it could be for some LSIs!
- the anxiety
- the financial burden
- the stressful processes
- being homesick
So here’s our experience:
My sister and I are APOR and we need to travel for business.
First, the health certificate. You need this to get a Travel Authority. Went to health center, doctors seem to have 2x per week duty there plus being told to line up as early as 6am! And to get a health certificate, you need a barangay clearance.
What we were not told publicly is that private medical certificate is acceptable. So when we learned about this, we went to a private (non-Covid) hospital.
I don’t know what is the process in barangay. I heard from health center, they just check vital signs and then you are good. Imagine how many LSIs will crowd the barangay and health centers. IMAGINE! Going to these places is already exhausting.
After getting the med cert, you will go to PNP. The first time we went, we were told we do not need a Travel Authority because we are APOR. But eventually we got it because LGU destination required it. We are going to Western Visayas from NCR. So we got one to be sure just in case, We got it the next day.
(So really, imagine the TIME and MONEY involved. Barangay Certificate and Travel Authority are free. So for others, they will only spend P100 for the health certificate plus all their transpo expenses and the money for their daily living expenses as long as they are stranded. Plus imagine how getting it puts people at risk because of the crowd!)
So all set, all requirements are in and one day before our flight, it was cancelled! News said the government will find ways to get LSIs tested before going home or something.
Another requirement?! I hope it doesn’t crowd places again! And I hope there is a way for people to get it for free! I have been reading comments on FB groups that they don’t have money for a swab test anymore.
The longer they prolong this problem, it won’t stop the virus. People go out to get those darn requirements! How many are now frustrated that after completing everything, flights are cancelled again?!
Of course, understandable because we need to contain the virus and not spread it out to provinces. But I believe we all know by now that some people really need to go home. Some business people also need to travel as well! And there are people who need to work and go places!
I believe in proper LGU coordination and LSIs taking the 14-day quarantine VERY VERY SERIOUSLY. Let us please help each other with this simple act of responsibility!
Anyway, this is not for argument about LSI travel, this is about raising funds for people who need it. Some are already stuck in NCR for 4 months and counting!
Since the pandemic started, I have been planning a campaign to run. We actually have a Pandemic Support Program for businesses, digital freelancers, and online sellers. They are coming soon! Link here.
So anyway, our company has a few digital products and I have decided to donate ₱500 for every sale of these products to this LSI fund!
Please read on to know more and how you can help LSIs who have been waiting for flights.
If you are an LSI, please apply for a grant here: https://shorter.link/16ptg.
There will be 500 LSIs who will receive ₱2,000 each to help with their airfare or living expenses. We want to limit to ₱2,000 to help at least 500 people for now. It is the average cost of an airfare. (Sometimes the ₱2,000 is round trip when it’s a promo fare!)
You can donate ANY AMOUNT but if you are interested in our digital products, will give them as REWARDS.
For those interested to help, we have SPECIAL PRICES for Filipinos!
- Work From Home Is Fun Course Program — we are selling this for $47. Link is here: https://workfromhomeis.fun/course-program/. Special price for Filipinos is ₱995 on this page: https://workfromhomeis.fun/ph/.
- Remote Employee Work Blueprint — we are selling this for $47. Here is the link: https://remoteemployee.work/. Ideal for businesses who want to set up remote employees. Our special price is ₱1,500 per company. Link here: https://remoteemployee.work/ph/.
- Digital Content That Converts — this is selling at 50% now! Ideal for small businesses who want to run digital campaigns. We discounted to P2,500 to help SMEs during pandemic but for this campaign, we are giving another P500 discount! We have a surprise bonus for all the members that we are sharing in a few weeks time! More details at http://www.netrevsme.com. Special price for this campaign only for ₱2,000!
For transparency and real time updates, please purchase from our GoGetFunding page here: https://gogetfunding.com/LSIsupportfund. This way, the donations will be recorded accordingly.
Please note that as of the moment, we are only raising at least P1,000,000 which means 2,000 sales. We are donating ₱500 for each sale!
Here are the maximum quantities for sale that we are allocating for this campaign so hurry now!
- Work From Home Is Fun: 1500
- Remote Employee Work Blueprint: 300
- Digital Content That Converts: 200
Obviously, the total amount we are raising will exceed the target because we are donating P500 for EACH SALE.
That means, here are the projections:
- WFHIF — ₱995 x 1,500 copies = ₱1,492,500
- REW — ₱1,500 x 300 copies = ₱450,000
- DCTC — ₱2,000 x 200 copies = ₱400,000
Total projected revenue sales: ₱2,342,500
GoGetFunding Fee (6.9%): ₱161,632.50
Handling fee $0.30 cents per donation (₱15 X 2,000 units) = ₱30,000
Net Sales: ₱2,150,867.50
We will take care of the fees and taxes. We are also running some ad campaigns to promote these digital products and this fund raising campaign. We are donating almost 50% of our net revenue.
We continue to sell the products after this campaign and if the support continues, we will definitely still give back more to our community.
For now, our goal is to help 500 LSIs with ₱2,000 each.
For those who will donate ANY AMOUNT, it will be an excess budget that we will still donate to LSIs or find an organization that helps LSIs get home!
I chose this way to launch our new digital products. Thanks for coming by and if you are here because you are interested in our digital products, I hope you can support!
Who Am I?
My name is Fei and I am a Digital Entrepreneur. I have a digital agency and I also have business ventures in digital products and platforms.
Here are some links about me and my company:
Our company develops digital products and platforms at the moment and this is our way to help people during this time.