As we all well know we have an ever increasing population of unemployed and poorer families. I have done so much research on countries that have the same problem as we do and I have come up with a solution that hopefully can help in some small way. It’s what I call my bottle project. This idea was born by a need to try help people that are unemployed. homeless and needing a hand up not a hand out. At the moment I am busy with a water drive to help the people in Cape Town and this has got me thinking of what to do with all the thousands of plastic bottles that are now going to cause yet another crisis in our country. This led me to research bottle houses which have been used in many of the poorer countries around the world.
My idea is as follows.
- Find and purchase a suitable piece of ground. Say a piece of a farm that we can build these houses on. I am sure that with the current increasing farm attacks there are farmers that would love to have the extra security of having other people staying on their farms.
- Get the local community to collect all their plastic bottles and drop them off at a drop off point. Every household uses plastic bottles be they rich or poor.
- The people living in shelters then start to build their own homes. This giving them a sense of self worth again.
- There are also so many old aged pensioners that although they have a wealth of knowledge cannot find work because of their age.
- There will of course be other costs for the building of these houses e.g. cement windows, doors, bath, toilets etc.
- The homeless (now called the tenants) pay the owner of the land a small affordable amount of money monthly.This money now goes into a kitty to fund the extra costs of the next house and so on.
- Each tenant now uses his / her skill to help and in return charges a small amount for their service e.g. carpenters, electrician, builder etc
- The tenants then plant their own veggie garden, raise chickens etc which they then sell as income and used by themselves as food. There are also other projects that they can do such as
- open a tea garden, a petting farm etc which will also bring in a much needed income for the tenants.
The above idea is a win win story for many and I am sure could work well.
We already have a large supply of plastic bottles which can helpget our project off to a good start.
We further recommend that we keep our project a green project. EGSolar electricity and solar water heating.
If you can help in any way to get our project off the ground please contact me.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you want any further info on the above idea.
Hoping that you and your community can see and share my vision and we can work together to restore our country to a caring and loving place to live in.
The financial backing that we require to put this project together would be for the land if we are unable to secure a sponsor that will donate a piece of land or that would give us a piece of land that we would be able to rent at an affordable rental on a long term basis. We also need financial backing to enable us to purchase the additional items needed for building our project