At this time of the pandemic, what do you fear the most?
Mine came in the form of a call from my sister on September 15
"We cannot wake her up!"... The fear of losing mom came back again.
At first, we tried hard not to panic since it all started as if she was sleepy and would only want to rest. The idea of a stoke did not immediately come to mind because her current symptoms were different from the 1st attack.
We called the emergency hotlines available in the area in the hopes of being able to talk to any doctor or health worker who could give us a bit of advice as to what to do in this kind of situation and also ask assistance in getting her to a hospital since due to the Covid19 pandemic hospital admissions would be very difficult.
We called several hospitals in the hopes that they could at least check her condition and give her first aid care even if there's no room available. For hours, we called all hospitals within the vicinity-Metro Manila, and all had one answer "we cannot admit any more patients".
Desperate for the immediate medical care, we had no choice but to take her to Makati Medical Center where she was previously confined even though that hospital is expensive and far.
My 56 years old mother HELEN C. TIRON suffered a stroked and had undergone brain surgery due to a blood clot in her Left brain 5 years ago at MMC. This time, we're given the bad news that she had another hemorrhagic stroke (Right Thalamic hemorrhage) and that she is also Covid19 positive. Currently, my mother is still in the ICU undergoing treatment... due to the severe condition and the cost of treatment, our running bill now is almost $40,000 USD as of October 8. This bill goes up in the coming days. My savings and any health benefits we could get from our government are not enough since I am the only provider for my mother, my siblings, and my own family.
My mother's pulmonary doctor suggested that she needs to undergo a Tracheostomy or PEG Tube placement. It's been 14 days being intubated and still, my mother is having a hard time breathing because of the phlegm on her lungs therefore the doctor suggested this surgery.
I know this is a very trying time for everyone but I would still like to appeal to all for help in any possible form. Any financial support you can extend to our family through this time will give our mother a greater fighting chance and for which we will be very grateful.
How funds raised will be used:
• Pay current pending hospital bill and professional fee
• Future outpatient care and Maintenance Medicine
• Cover costs on follow up check-ups, laboratory tests, and procedures
Also if you want to donate directly, you can find my bank details below:
BPI: 1229143944 - Celz Maurice Pacursa
GCASH: 09171763330 - Armie Dy
PAYPAL: [email protected]
P.S If you want to verify my mother's current status you can call MMC at 8888-8999 Ext.2440, 2441