JUNE 7, 2018 - Baby Moana was born preterm (34 weeks by Pediatric Aging) via Caesarian Section that required her to be in an incubator/heated cot in NICU. After a thorough assessment by the neonatologist, she was found to have a cleft palate (will need repair and speech therapy in the future).
JUNE 8, 2018 - She became jaundiced (yellowish discolouration that indicates high levels of bilirubin in the body) and photo-therapy was started. Laboratory tests revealed abnormal results and the neonatologist ordered 2 units of Fresh Frozen Plasma to be transfused.
JUNE 9, 2018 - Her respiratory rate was above normal so the doctor ordered a chest X-ray that showed she has neonatal pneumonia thus, Antibiotic therapy was started.
JUNE 10, 2018 - She was taken out of the incubator but still with close monitoring because she has increased secretions.
JUNE 11, 2018 - Repeat laboratory tests still had abnormal results and another 2 units of Fresh Frozen Plasma was ordered.
After 2 weeks of being admitted in NICU the neonatologist heard that she has skipped heart beats and Moana was referred to a cardiologist. On the 2D echocardiogram (heart scan) it was found out that Moana has ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT, VENTRICULAR SEPTAL DEFECT, and PATENT DUCTUS ARTERIOSUS. According to her cardiologist she will be under medications until she gets better. If there is no progress, she will have to undergo OPEN HEART SURGERY.
JUNE 23, 2018 - She had difficulty of breathing, her oxygen saturation was decreased, and she became cyanotic (bluish discolouration of the skin that may indicate low oxygen levels in the blood). This warranted Moana to be intubated and connected to a ventilator.
At present, there are no signs that she can be extubated (breathing tube to be removed) and is still under close monitoring because of recurrent chest infections.
July 21, 2018 Repeat 2d echocardiogram was done, and the result was not good. Her Ventricular Septal Defect became dilated and needs immediate operation. We need to prepare 500k for an OPEN HEART SURGERY.
We prepared everything, but baby Moana is weighing only 1.9kgs. The ideal body weight for the Open Heart Surgery is atleast 2.5kgs. Her cardiologist decided to do first the PDA ligation to lessen the problem.
August 30, 2018 PDA Ligation was done at Iloilo Doctors Hospital. The operation was successful. Baby Moana is recovering until now, but she is still dependent on Ventilator. She is still under observation. Her laboratories is being monitored almost every other day. We still need big amount to continue her treatment and she still need to under an OPEN HEART SURGERY.
As of now (Sept. 13, 2018) our latest bill is php 535,589.55. We want to transfer to Government hospital to lessen the expenses but they don't accept patient from NICU to NICU as per hospital policy. We consider her condition. We are afraid to transfer her because if we do, her condition might get worst (more complications) especially Hospital Acquired Pneumonia.
We are humbly asking everyone to please include our baby to your prayers.
Baby Moana is fighting to live in this world. She continues to be strong and needs your help. With your love and support, she will hopefully have a better tomorrow.
For those who are willing to help and wanted to send directly to my bank account here's my bdo and bpi account 👇
Account Name: Mary Joy Tabernal
Account Number: 1479197748
Account Name: Lot Pabalinas
Account Number: 000710865406