How is she? Her Lower body is still paralyzed, getting mood swings, always sleepy, bed sore and weak.
07.22.2019 - Gino
Flying to singapore to settle some stuff. It is hard to go away at her state. But this has to be done. Thank you for the prayers and support. We still have a long way to go and we've only just begun. Hoping that there can soon be a consiatent order in our lives.
07.20.2019 - Gino
Finally able to go home. Love's WBC has normalized. She is weak but recovering. Her antibiotics has to he continued home thruogh IV. 15 days interval on session feels short. Thank you Phia for administering her meds.
07.17. 2019: - Gino
What was supposedly 3 days of chemo had turn into a 6 days admittance. Due to low WBC Love's immune went down. Temp went up and tests had to be performed. It's E-coli. Somehow it persisted. So we have to stay 3 more days.
2nd session of 1st cycle for COLON CA STG4. Please continue praying for her. Pray that she can overcome any side effects of the meds.
Hi everyone, I'm Gino, Love's husband.
Last June 30, 2019 i sat with the doctors attending to my wife. I asked them why would they give us options, we do not belong to the upper class and surely we only have 1 choice. I would be neglecting my wife for a proper medical care if i do not take the option with mAb.
Doctor's remark on option 1: do not think it will not work and do not think you are neglecting your wife for better treatment. It is still the meds for the type of ca and is still effective. The addition of mAb is to add more percentage in treatment effect. If you will take the other 2 option, you need to commit to that until the very last session.
Since options 2 and 3 with mAb are too expensive. We decided to commit on the 1st option. The addition of mAb can be done late but once we do that we cannot turn back.
Here is our chemo protocol for option 1.
Cost: 65,719.92 per session
Total of 12 session: 788,639.04
I thank everyone for the support. Be it in kind, moral, prayer or financial, each is helpful no matter what size it is. Thank you very much. We will stay strong and do our best to find assistance from govt institutions and private programmes.
2 weeks ago.. I told you i was diagnosed with STAGE 4 CANCER WITH UNKNOWN PRIMARY with various metastisis especially on the lumbar area that made me Paralyzed waist down.. I STARTED my first chemo with that diagnosis.
Today. 2 weeks after. After some more immunohistochemistry done with the biopsy sample, cancer had FINALLY made itself KNOWN. It is STAGE 4 COLON CANCER.
Yes, finally thank God proper treatment of the targeted cause will finally begin! ❤️
Protocols will change. From 6 chemo sessions with 21 days interval, it will now be 12 chemo session with 2 weeks interval with me being admitted to the hospital because the chemo will run for 2.5 days each plus the basic testing and blood works to be done before the chemo.
Currently? Im on iv line with antibiotics. I have infections based on urinalysis where they really cannot determine why. Maybe because of the catheter? But they said 1st chemo for colon cancer will finally be done on Monday.
What am i feeling? Afraid. But still grateful! Questions are finally answered. And treatment can finally begin!
Finances will be filing i know especially when I'm not in a public hospital (believe me i would if i really could). But i believe God will provide for us. We just have to be faithful and be still.
My name is Love Raviegaye Buenaventura. I am a mother of 2. A 12 year old beautiful teenager and a 2 year old son who's so full of energy that I really need to get better so i could make them feel how much i really love them and that im here still as their mother.
Please help me in fighting this cancer for my family. Prayers can do wonder. Well wishers too. Everyday my inbox is filled with loving messages of encouragement and it made me feel loved and have given me additional strength because they made extra effort to message me even if they themselves are carrying heavy burdens no one might know of.
If it's not too much to ask, we are setting up a gogetfunding account for any amount that you can spare for our battle.
Based on latest protocol given by the doctors: these will be our chemo meds per session. (still depends on further testing to be done)
Option 1. folfiri - 35k
Option 2. Folfiri + cetuximab if kras/nras braf is positive - 35k + 150k
Option 3. Folfiri + bevacizumab (avastin) if kras/nras braf is negative 35k + 130k
They said Avastin or cetuximab is like a homing device that will tell the meds where the cancer cells are.
For direct deposits, here are my husband's local accounts:
BPI: 9869-0598-27 / Gino A Buenaventura
BDO: 002490279501 / Gino A Buenaventura