A year ago we opened our community centre in Fuengirola, Spain, a mostly sunny seaside resort in Southern Spain, which looks clean and attractive, but also has many people who need help....... alcohol and drugs affect many, there are homeless people (unrecognised by the authorities) and of course all the other problems that people experience.
If you know Fuengirola, or want to visit us, here's a map...
We did not advertise our works as a church, (although our official status is as a religious charity) because many of the people we deal with are averse to churches, but we do minister to folk daily, where it's received, and have been in ministry for 25 years, living by faith for much of that time.
Previously this building was a church, of which I was a founder, and member for 22 years, until after the original Pastor left. the the leadership decided to move, but God told us to stay.
This is what our services used to look like!
When we were originally spoken to by God concerning this ministry, we had the following leading:
- To be a 'church' for the 'unchurched'.
- To follow the instructions in Matthew 25 31-46
“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did itto one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
“Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
- To remove the obstructions between people and Yeshua (Jesus), to bring them into Gods Kingdom authority and living, not into a church, but into His Kingdom.
- To bring people to the fullness of Yeshua (Jesus), to the best of their ability and desire.
- To recognise that every person who came to us was either with us to assist others, or be helped, and sometimes to be both.
- To form a good community spirit by using the 'church' hall everyday for events that allowed people to come and find fellowship and community whenever they needed it.
- To reach those tied to religion and release them into the Kingdom.
- To recognise that the 'church age' has ended, and now God is beginning the shaking of all things, starting with the church, and that most believers are not prepared for the coming events.
- To bring about Gods Kingdom Authority in the lives of ourselves, those we minister to, the areas we work and live in and believers in general.
These ideals are not popular with the enemy, and we have faced much opposition, but we keep pressing in, even though there are constant demands and needs that could close the doors.If you have read this far, why not take a look at our website, or give me a call to see what we stand for and believe, and ask God whether this venture is something you should sow seed into?
Whatever you are led to do, we thank you for taking the time to read this, and pray for Gods Blessing on your lives and endeavours.
I will willingly answer any questions you may have, and your comments and responses are welcomed,
(34) 675 542 878 (WhatsAapp also)