Liveable City is a Non-Profit Company championing the ideals of sustainable urban developments and inclusive transport and mobility systems to create safer, healthier, and more liveable cities which improve people's lives.
What we do:
- Map My City - Map My City is a completely open and free to use mapping platform aimed at capturing data on traffic incidents, infrastructure faults, and much more. Map My City provides a useful tool for residents to map out the problems in their community, and use that information to lobby for action to be taken.
- Platform for Collaboration - Liveable City provides a platform for professionals in the realm of infrastructure design, urban planning, transport system design, as well as individuals and entities active in promoting improved urban mobility and safety to network and collaborate.
- Liveability & Mobility Surveys - Liveable City is active in undertaking surveys and gathering data relating to perceptions of safety across our transport system, perceptions of public transport, cycling, and pedestrian infrastructure, data on cycling, and data on impacts and effects resulting from infrastructure developments.
- Social Media - Liveable City shares inspirational and education stories on urbanism from around the world, showing what can be achieved in South African cities. We also bring together experts from various sectors to contribute to our blog on issues including urban development, inclusive mobility systems, improving liveability in our towns and cities, community development, and many other issues.
- Sustainable Development & Mobility Consulting - Liveable City provides consulting services aimed at the public sector as well as services catering to businesses, schools, and other organisations looking at improving the accessibility of their properties, improving the infrastructure for cyclists, and designing systems and programmes which promote active transportation (walking and cycling) and the use of public transport.
- Championing Inclusive Mobility & Sustainable Urban Development - Liveable City is actively involved in fundraising and implementing a variety of awareness programmes at schools and businesses, and developing practical initiatives which encourage members of the public to engage in more active transport methods.
Liveable City relies on the support of our communities and local business to continue our work, driving the discussions around urban mobility and infrastructure, promoting urban cycling and walkability, undertaking meaningful projects aimed at improving safety and accessibility, and campaigning to make our cities better, healthier, and happier places to live, work, and play.