Little: Small in size.
Lot: A piece of land having specific boundaries, especially one constituting a part of a city, town, or block. A large extent, amount, or number.
Little + Lot = A piece of land, small in size, that produces a lot.
A "Little" info:
Shelter is something we all need and food and water we can't live without. We have decided to combine affordable housing with "LittleLot" garden farming.
We often hear about "debt burdened" college grads, returning veterans in need of housing, retirees w/o retirement, single moms w/o grocery money etc. We are offering a simplistic solution. Let our planting be our protest, it's time to produce!
1. Create a "model" LittleLot (Micro garden farm) on 1/4 Acre.
2. Keep LittleLot cost $20,000 (or below) with a possible finance option (36-48 month w/ a monthly mortgage payment less than $500 a month).
3. Produce a web-series w/ weekly video updates. Web-series will reveal every aspect of the LittleLot build. We will break up video topics into "7 areas" of micro homesteading and focus on a different area every video.
4. Be a Forerunner for future LittleLoter(s).
What will the LittleLot do?
The LittleLot will shelter and meet % 80 percent of 1-2 person's food needs within 2 yrs. of production. The LittleLot will become a teaching model for Do-It-Yourselfers. A weekly web series revolving around "7 areas" of micro homesteading will be shared via LittleLot Youtube channel. All building steps and plans will be available as open source information on LittleLot Facebook page.
CREATOR'S CREDENTIALS & TRAINING:
- CERTIFIED SQUARE-FOOT GARDEN INSTRUCTOR
- BACKYARD GARDEN FARM INSTALLER
- SMALL SCALE ANIMAL HUSBANDRY
- HOME WATER STORAGE/FILTRATION & AQUACULTURE
- RAISED BED GARDENING (NO TILL, NO CHEMICAL, ORGANIC, NON-GMO/ HEIRLOOM SEED)
- PERMACULTURE DESIGN
- HOME FIREWOOD AND BIODIESEL PRODUCTION
- CERTIFIED EMT ( IN-HOME-MEDICAL)
- HOME SECURITY (LIC. ARMED PATROL AGENT)
In need of a cool bandana for next spring? Want a Goat on LittleLot to be named after you? See Rewards for further information.
RISKS AND CHALLENGES
We were able to cut cost through many awesome connections, yet there is no way around the initial cost of the first model LittleLot. We believe with time and by perfecting methods we will be able to cut future littlelot(s) cost.
(Little home, outhouse, barn, green house, chicken coop, workshop)
( Raised garden beds, compost bins, soil mix, heirLoom seed, dwarf fruit/ nut trees, lumber trees, etc.)
(Dwarf goats, Fowl, Fish)
Fencing, feed, tools (building materials) etc.
Processing Fees: $4,000.00
Total LittleLot cost:
RISKS AND CHALLENGES
Building an affordable LittleLot (Micro homestead garden farm):
We have exhausted efforts in our pursuits to build reproducible, affordable, sustainable housing. It has been difficult to find affordable yet comfortable housing without compromising on quality.
We have studied (and or lived in) permanent tents, shipping containers, domes and tiny homes. We did this to sample the best affordable options. Our original plan was to build "Little" monolithic domes yet due to cost we have decided to go with "Little" buildings built by the Amish/Mennonite community yet if publicity brings us a more viable option we will consider.
Where to build?
We have gone through many trials by trying to develop a model in the inner city therefore have decided to build the first model on country acreage w/o city restrictions.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic." - Unknown
Anytime you farm there is a possibility of failure. Severe weather, death, or bodily injury could obviously have a negative impact on this project yet we feel our endeavor is worth the risk;) On our LittleLot dangerous machines are rarely needed and a little "garden" is much easier to protect than Lg. food crop.
We are currently connected to multiple experts: master gardeners, animal husbandry men/women, Amish craftsmen, passive energy experts, skilled laborers, etc. These connections will help us complete the task at hand and if issues arise we have a community to help us overcome.
1) Clear and prepare 1/4 acre.
2) Build/develop "Little" home and building foundations, aquaculture ponds, livestock paddocks, raised bed gardens, fuel crops, firewood and fruit/nut tree zones.
3) Once everything is built install on 1/4 acre. The whole project will be presented as a "plug and play" LittleLot (Micro-Garden Farm) via web-series on Youtube.
We cannot predict the future yet have installed many backyard gardens. Our methods are not perfected yet we haven't run into any major stumbling blocks in the past other than City rules. City ordinances are no longer an issue because we have moved this project to the country. If an issue arises we will immediately broadcast via Facebook/Youtube channel to all our Supporters.
At anytime LittleLot creator can change location of project if circumstances arise that would hinder development. LittleLot is modular in design which allows it to be built/dissembled quickly therefore can be moved simply.