On Wednesday, 7 August 2019 my son, Lehan stopped. Stopped breathing.
In the couple of seconds it took to realize what was happening and I saw myself losing my baby. By the grace of God instict kicked in and I checked for an obstruction in his throat. Nothing. I couldn't find a pulse either, but to be honest - I am not even sure if I was really looking. I gave two rescue breaths and after the second, Lehan vomited and came to. While grabbing his things to rush to ER he lost conciousness again.
Upon arrival at the ER my son was taken to the Resuscitation Room and we were told to wait outside for the 15 minutes that they were working on him. When we heard him crying we knew he'd be okay!
After bloods were drawn and xrays taken he was admitted to paeds and the doctor came to see us. He shared with us that apart from pneumonia and a bacterial infection, Lehan's lung had partially collapsed.
He was in hospital for 6 days, receiving antibiotics through IV, nebulizing and getting physical therapy in hopes of restoring his lung. On day 6 we had another xray taken which unfortunately showed no improvement in the inflation of the lung.
Lehan was discharged so that my husband and I can take him to a pulmonologist in a city as we live in a town with limited specialists. Even though we have amazing medical cover, our benefits have been depleted and we would have to pay cash for his consultations, bloods, scope, CT and xray. Not to mention our traveling costs.
I am a proud mama and too proud at times to ask for help. But this is for my baby. Please - if you can contribute at all - we would appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts.