US$2,486.00raised of $10,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Here we go again, we are asking for your help and donations!
We are going back on the island of Mindoro in the Philippines to give lights to the Mangyans tribes, an indigenous population who mostly live from farming, picking and crafting.
Your donations will be used to order and build the lamps and manage all logistics.
Today, 1.3 billion people live in darkness because electricity is a financially inaccessible good.
These populations have to be resourceful with finding other ways to have light, including Kerosene lamps which cause numerous accidents and 1.5 million deaths a year.
In 2015, world leaders agreed to 17 goals for a better world by 2030. These goals have the power to end poverty, fight inequality, and stop climate change. Guided by the goals, it is now up to all of us, governments, businesses, civil society and the general public to work together to build a better future for everyone.
Lightforce has been founded in 2017 to develop solar power economy to give access to light and to help achieve 10 of the Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
GOAL 1: No Poverty
By using solar-powered home & street lamps, communities can stop kerosene and candles use to reduce by 90% their energy expenses
GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
By stopping traditional lamps uses, people - especially children- can reduce smoke inhalation, explosions and fires risks
GOAL 4: Quality Education
By providing lamps for schools and homes, teachers can work in good conditions and children read and learn efficiently
GOAL 5: Gender Equality
By developing local micro-economy around solar lamps maintenance and selling, we give jobs to women improving gender equality
GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
By using solar powered energy to illuminate homes and villages, we offer a cheap and clean alternative to traditional energies
GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
By bringing a new technology model to marginalized communities, we can create a new micro-economy to create growth
GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
By installing solar-powered lamps within villages and communities, we can develop local sustainability
GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
By using renewable energy such as solar, we encourage communities to consume responsibly and use sustainable resources
GOAL 13: Climate Action
By using solar energy, we can reduce kerosene and wood fires CO2 emissions, acting locally against global warming
GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
By building NGOs and Private sector partnership, we can empower nonprofit to help marginalized communities
Lightforce is based on the following core values and pillars :
- Lightforce Core Values
- Sustainability : respect environment and communities by providing long-term energy and an economical model
- Education : Improve teaching and learning conditions for teachers and children
- Growth : A unique economic model to help people create local jobs
- Innovation : Open source technology recognized by the UN for easy and fast usage
- Women Empowerment : Create jobs for women through solar lamps knowledge, material and support; Allow women lead the cooperatives and develop the model
- Health and Safety : Use of clean energy to improve families health, and street light to increase women safety
- 4 keys pillars to develop
- Social ➔To community providing affordable, sustainable solar energy to people with limited or no access to electricity (wifi, oven, fan, light, …) with focus on women
- Economical ➔To women as ambassador providing a local micro-economic model, to make them autonomous and help them thrive their family and their community (Yunus 7 principles)
- Environmental ➔To the planet providing sustainable solar energy, ecological behavior, maximize the potential of energy (solar panel) and minimize the pollution (Battery, PVC, concrete, focus in Africa)
- Innovation ➔To be independent : Find electricity solutions without battery (Electriciens sans frontières), more Wifi or oven solutions, Water filtration
In February 2018 with Liter of Light, an NGO which has contributed to more than 800,000 solar lamps in the most impoverished places across the globe, the Lightforce team has set out to equip a village in Kenya with 300 solar lights for a population of 1000.
Lightforce Season 1 - 2018 (video)
In February 2019, we renew our collaboration with Liter of Light, and scale the teams to four. We installed 1000 solar lamps (196 house lights, 394 street lights, and 385 hand lights), in 13 villages in Kenya, Senegal, Brazil, and the Philippines for a population of more than 10.000.
Lightforce Season 2 - 2019 (video)
In 2020, seven teams will try to reduce the light's poverty in Morocco, Namibia, Tanzania, Kenya, Senegal, Madagascar and South Africa. Two limited teams will pursue the mission in Brazil and Philippines with local Salesforce and Liter of Light teams. We gathered more than 150 people from Salesforce and our eco-system(client, partners, ISVs).
In 2019/2020, Lightforce will also be part of the OneOhana project : a pilot project dedicated to education with the participation of different Ohana groups in Cameroon. The mission of Lightforce is to help rural and off-grid communities from Cameroon with simple solar lighting, wifi, and cooking solutions.
- Marta Pons
- Fundraising Leader
- Rainbow Cheung
- VTO Advisor
No updates for this campaign just yet