The Pinnacle Foundation is a Non-Profit Organisation supporting youth and adult activity and involvement for underprivileged individuals in Hong Kong. It is a cause that we feel incredibly strong about; so much so we are going to show just how much strength we can muster. Similar to the previous events, those who take part will have the opportunity to show off their lifting skills and prove that their Pinnacle programs have been paying off! Enter PowerLIFT on Saturday 9th June 2018....
Across all 3 Pinnacle facilities in Manila and Hong Kong, members and guests alike are invited to measure their 1 rep max across the 3 biggest LIFTs; total weight LIFTed in the Deadlift, Back Squat, & Bench Press will be compared against one's bodyweight to find the strongest person pound for pound!
This year, we have decided to partner with another amazing charity called 'RUN' (Rebuild, Unite and Nurture). RUN’s mission is to rehabilitate vulnerable refuges and asylum seekers in Hong Kong, with a focus on women, through sports and education. In turn, the organisation aims to:
- Rebuild the physical and mental health of its participants by creating a supportive and safe environment in which they can recover from past traumas in a gender equal way;
- Unite refugees with the local community’
- Nurture refugees into a more hopeful future, whether in Hong Kong or in their resettlement country, through access to education and training.
The money raised on the 9th of June will go towards:
- RUN’s Women’s Sport Programme called ‘Hiking to Heal’. This programme provides weekly sport sessions (alternating hiking-fitness & yoga or hiking/swimming) to a group comprised of 30 refugee women;
- Mixed Gender Track Training Programme which is a weekly running program for a group of 35 mixed gender adult refugees as well as a Mentoring and Study program;
- RUN has several refugee mothers as part of their programme who are pregnant. The funds will provide them with the bare necessities required to give birth as well as for the baby. It will also contributed to getting mothers well and back on the trails as soon as possible and for sufficient childcare to enable them to do so.
The Pinnacle Foundation Team thank you in advance for your kind donations and we look forward to seeing you on the day lifting your best! Feel free to contact us should you wish to talk more or know more about the Foundation and what we do.