The past 18 months have been the most challenging and rewarding for me. I had a life-changing experience that made me want to transform and better myself, both mentally and physically. After dieting and exercising, I've lost 130 pounds and have gained the desire to make my life more exciting, worthwhile, and inspiring to others. I want to continue being a role model to my little sister.
Having had the incredible opportunity (and now fulfilled desire) to skydive for my 25th birthday this year, the desire to continue this has been greatly fueled. Most recently (as of two days ago), a member of my immediate family was diagnosed with cancer. With such devestating news, the push to continue this path and actually attain my license to show this loved one, who cannot go herself, cemented my determination.
As the skydiving school says: Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.
I do not want to live with regret. I want to embrace life and live it to the fullest, and show my loved one that this gift will not be wasted.
- To raise money for a level A skydiving license.
- To document my life changes.
- Gain valuable experience that helps me with my writing.
Any pledge amount will help in paying for the schooling, the jumps, the gear, and the gas to get there.
I'm not skilled in many things. My words, however, are probably at the forefront. And cookie baking.
- $10 - Personalized thank you message.
- $20 - Personalized poem, free verse, up to 13 lines.
- $35 - Personalized poem, closed verse, up to 12 lines.
- $60 - Personalized short story, up to 8 pages.
- $100 - Personalized short story and poem of your choice (from previous rewards) and a recorded narration of the writing sent digitally.
- $150 - Homemade care package: cookies, rice krispie treats, mini-bundt cake, and homemade peanut butter cups
- $200 - Personalize short story and poem (from previous rewards), recorded narration, and an edible care package (homemade); care package may be substituted for more writing.