READ: PayPal charges 8% fees. Please send this to me via PayLah/PayNow instead
The Covid Situation is an unprecedented crisis for everyone, but most of us are fortunate to wait out the tide without severe impact. There are millions in India who are not so fortunate though, and if there ever was a time for community to step up it is now. All of you might have done something to this effect already, but this is an effort to push that as far as possible.
The key question is where are these funds going? While needs abound anywhere you look, I have chosen two places where the benefits of our money can be maximised:
1) The first is to support Smiles for All (IIMA Alum Initiative) & Kaushalya Foundation(KF), which is doing incredibly impactful work with migrant workers across India and have already helped tens of thousands. They have been at it for months now, and multiple reports of their completed work. I am uploading some of it but find live updates at the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/smilesforallindia/
KF also happens to be led by one of our IIM A 2007 batch mates and I can vouch for the team's integrity. This is just a local effort to collect what we can and channel into a broader pan IIM collection initiative that is already ongoing and is backed by a team which has already received accolades for their annual charitable initiatives
2) Child Relief and You (CRY): Children feel a disproportionate brunt of catastrophe's and millions around India have no food or access to education any more. CRY is distributing dry rations and educational material to over 3.5Mn children - lets do out best to pitch in. Link cry.org/keepchildrensafenhv
- PayPal charges 8% fees. Please send this to me via PayLah/PayNow instead
- Whatever amount is collected will be shared in a 90-10 split across KF & CRY respectively. If you want all your funds to go to one or the other, please include that in comment
- Both organisations are tax exempt in India. Any donation larger than $200 will be made on your name and you can claim deductions
- To save on page fees, it is best if you can send funds directly to me. PayPal charges 8% fees. Please send this to me via PayLah/PayNow instead
- Lastly, this is not a call for public funds. Do not donate if you do not know me personally, and do not trust the channel. Just send a note directly to me to get more details. If you do not have my number, this is not the place for you.
Thanks you so much in advance!