Hi everybody. Am are asking for your help. Leo is my first dog, and he is a 7 month old golden retriever. He is the light of my life, and i will do anything to keep him healthy and happy.
This past Saturday, Leo regurgitated his food- which is rare for him. He also started making very worrisome cough/choking sounds while he was breathing. On Sunday, we brought him to the emergency vet, and they took x-rays of his chest and saw swelling near his esophagus. They thought a foreign object may have been stuck up there, but they weren't sure. They then thought that it might have been a severe case of kennel cough, but that wasn't the case either. We used cough meds and antibiotics but neither have helped. Sunday night, Leo couldn't swallow his kibble, and didn't drink much water. He slept most of the day. Monday was the same thing- disinterested in his meals, sleeping most of the day, and still doing the scary coughing/choking sound. This morning, he regurgitated his food again, and we finally decided to take him back to the emergency vet.
They believe that Leo may have an abscess from a foreign body which is causing his throat to swell which in turn is resulting in him not wanting to swallow his food. Or, it could be some sort of mass. He has a CT scan scheduled for tomorrow to find out more information.
Ironically, i signed Leo up for Healthy Paws pet insurance on August 14th, 2016. There is a 15 day waiting period, and our first visit occurred on the 14th day of that grace period. Healthy Paws refuses to override the grace period for a 1 day difference and is now considering this to be a preexisting condition for our coverage.
Am asking if any of you could please be so generous as to donate to help me pay these costs and to allow Leo to continue getting these tests to figure out what is going on. No amount is too small, even just a simple prayer would be helpful.
Thank you so very much.