ABOUT CHRISTOPHER Christopher was a vibrant, energetic and happy young man who had a smile on his face every day. He liked school and playing tag at recess. Christopher was a born leader, but most of all he was big brother Chad's best friend. WHAT HAPPENED On September 21, 2013, 10-year old Christopher was burned over 90 percent of his body when a plastic gas container exploded, showered him with gasoline and ignited. He was flown by LifeFlight to the University of Iowa Burn Center in Iowa City. Christopher died from his injuries five hours later. LEGACY OF CHRISTOPHER ALLSUP MISSION To educate the public regarding the dangers of portable gas containers, in particular, how flammable gas vapor (fumes) travel out of gas containers not equipped with flame arrestors and with a single spark can explode. To provide information about safely storing gas containers in a locked location so children cannot gain access.