Lady Cherie had her nub amputated Tuesday August 10th, she went home on Thursday, and had to go back Sunday night with a horrible abscess -
To treat the abscess they started her on an antibiotic called Baytril thru her IV. She responded really well! She had daily bandage changes and once her abscess looked better, they started her on oral baytril, she came home on Thursday afternoon. Within 30 min of coming home, she had regurgitated 3 times. We called the hospital and they asked us to bring her back. She regurgitated multiple times thru The night and the next day we made the decision to continue to hospitalize her and take her off the oral baytril, go back to doing it thru her IV and start treatment for pancreatitis.
She's doing really well now on the iv Baytril, fluids and meds for her pancreatitis. She has to stay until her culture comes back on Monday and we can find out if she can stop the antibiotic, or switch to one she can orally.
There has been over $5,000 in hospital care thus far. We currently owe $1,000 and that does not include tonight or tomorrows care or if she has to have her antibiotic changed.
We greatly appreciate any and all help for Lady Cherie, she is finally doing good! She's walking all by herself and she is overall, happier.