Michael Bernabe, or fondly known as Kym, is a loving husband to Joann and a responsible father of two, Lucas and Andres. He has worked tirelessly for his family and now, he needs our help. Kym contracted the COVID-19 virus and is now in a bad shape in the Philippines. Here's what happened -
- Kym developed symptoms last Friday and was rushed to Philippine General Hospital for swab testing as required by hospitals to be admitted
- Kym acquired severe COVID pneumonia and developed an enlargement of his heart
- Kym developed extremely high level of blood sugar as he is diabetic
- Kym had been waiting to be admitted for a private room at the Pope John Paul II Hospital and Medical in Las Pinas since Saturday. Today is Tuesday and they’re still at the tent waiting to be admitted
- He is on IV so it helps provide some nutrition to his body as he doesn't have any appetite to eat
- Thankfully, no intubation needed. He receives oxygen though to help him breathe properly.
Kym needs our help and we are knocking at your doors to send some our way.
UPDATE (as of 23Mar2020): Kym has finally been admitted to a room at the Pope John Paul II Hospital and Medical and is now under careful observation.
UPDATE (as of 24Mar2020): Joann, Kym's wife, is now also admitted into the same hospital due to severe pneumonia. She is waiting for her swab test results to come out hopefully today as well.