Hello, My name is Lynette Lewis . I am 44 years of age. I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1995 at the age 24 . I had a 3 year old daughter and was doing the American dream, saving for my future. But then, I became really sick and fatigued will I was working. I also began gaining weight and couldnt wait to get home to sleep the rest of the day away. I went to the doctor and they could not diagnosed me for six months. Finally I was told I had lupus and it was active. Not only was active but was attacking my kidneys. Lupus is an chronic inflammatory disease that effects various parts of the body. The immune systems loses its ability to tell the difference between foreign sustances (anitgens) and its own cells and tissues. The immune sytems make anitbodies directed against the body (anit-antibodies). I was put on a steriod (cytoxan) to aggressive fight the lupus. I became very ill and weak. All the side effects of the chemo treatment I had them. During the years Ive had diagnosed with grand mal seizures, diabetes, a stroke and complete renal failurebut through it all. I truly believe, IF THIS DISEASE WAS GIVEN TO ME; IT MEANT I WAS ABLE TO HANDLE IT. I'm not making the money I was able when I wasnt on disability. Im limited to how much money I can make on disabilty because disability will deny me. I couldnt pay for having my dialysis treatments on my income of $1200. My daughter is now 21 and she wants to give me a kidney, but I cant with out have the medication part covered. Medicare covers 80% but that leaves the 20% left. There are four anti rejection medicine I would have to take and they average $1750/mo. Im not eligible for secondary insurance because I have been diagnosed as having renal failure. I was told about this web site from a friend, so here I am. Anything would help and any amount will be so much appreciated and needed. Sorry so long to read, but this is my only option to getting back on the American Dream.