US$5.00raised of $40,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
In the world where minorities are victims of local majority attacks. Minority is erased, lost, one such thing is standing on the realm of the full-length feature film 'Kaanta’ (Thorn of mind). It’s an independent film. The background of 'Kaanta' (Thorn of mind) is the reality of the extinction of the existence of minorities in India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. At the root of it, is politics, economics and religion. This happens almost everywhere in every country. The main focus of our film 'Kaanta' (Thorn of mind) is the story of minority concern in Muslim majority Bangladesh. Three Hindu couple were killed in the tenure of a Muslim house in Old Dhaka, due to the political, religious riots in the subcontinent. Three couples have the same name, Subodh Chandra Das, Swapna Rani Das. In 1964, Riots broke out in the capital in Hazrat Baal Mosque (Kashmir, India) issue in that time a couple was killed, another couple was killed during the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971, one more couple murdered in the same house in 1990's Babri Masjid riots in India. The killer may be the native people. But we will say helplessness, self-conceit and confusion cycle 'Kaanta' (Thorn of mind). Where, past, enter into the future through the present, In 'Kaanta' (Thorn of mind) the future will be penetrated in the past through the present. One day, after death in a Muslim house of old Dhaka, it will be showed that there was no couple as tenure. ‘Kaanta’ (Thorn of mind) is a film of magic realism written by meritorious Bangadeshi writer Shahidul Zahir (1953-2008). Govt. Granted film ‘Kaanta’ (Thorn of mind) is a competition winning screenplay. Donation money $ 41756. This is just a quarter of original budget. 68 percent of the film is completed by personal collaboration with donation money. And this budget also ends. We are now in shooting location. To finish the rest 32 percent of shooting and post production (sound, music, color, dubbing, graphics, CG, animation) we need only $ 40,000. In that case, anyone can support us in making this cruel history based film with emergency fund support. This crisis of minorities is increasing the number of refugees in the country; the number of people shattered is increasing. Humanity is blindfolded. There is a barrier to making film based on such a sensitive issue, it is not a film of entertainment or business targets, so getting money support is almost impossible. It is true that the battle for life of creator of 'Kaanta' (Thorn of mind) project is going on for nearly six years. Any minority in the world is oppressed by the majority, deprived from rights. This hurts my heart. So, for me, making this film from the humanitarian responsibility of promoting that issue.
No updates for this campaign just yet