JIBONER ALO,A non profitable NGO:
In and around India, many children and youth endure lives on the street in the most precarious of conditions. Jiboner Alo works with slum and street children who rag pick and beg for a living. The original focus of this project was art therapy and basic literacy. Our aim is to bring children into literacy and main stream them into schools.
Programme:“Team agreement”–developed in a participatory process with the children – on howthe program will work best.
• Tutoring in school curriculum to bring up to appropriate grade for re-entry to school or
DETAILS OF THE PROJECT : Currently, approximately 250 children attend Street Smart program across the NADIA DISTRICT IN WEST BENGAL, INDIA 1) Learning centers : Located in one of the poorest area of Nadia District. This project introduces children to the concept of basic literacy and to the habit of attending a daily program.We have a creche facilityfor formal learning & preparatory classes leading to mainstreaming, at slum and street children take their first steps on their journey into education. It is a pre-mainstreaming program preparing children to be placed in age appropriate classes in mainstream schools.Then we sponsors their education going forward.
2) Anti- Begging Campaign: This project caters to children of migrant laborers who have settled in the slum. Children of these laborers either have to work to sustain meager livelihoods or beg for food. Our mobile learning bus brings these out-of-school children to our center for basic literacy and for preparing them to be mainstreamed.This project covers slum areas.The anti begging campaign strives to eradicate child begging through education. This program is run in conjunction with the Local Clubs and Educational persons.An extension of the Anti-Begging Campaign this initiative is targeted at street & slum children who do not attend school. They are initiated into literacy through E-Learning, art & craft.
3) Mobile Learning Centre : We're going to launch a new mobile learning project to educate the drop-out children from slum areas. This project aims to provide basic literacy to children and young women for a better and productive wellbeing.
Problem Statement :
The seriousness of street children, adolescents and poverty in the city of Kalyani and its surrounding areas is compounded by the fact that the rapid increase in the urban population in the recent years has not been matched with parallel rate of expansion in the industry to absorb migrant labour and /or parallel rate of increase in the provision of social services for the city residents. As a result of lack of provision of social services Kalyani City inhabitants are experiencing high unemployment rates, deteriorating health standards and HIV/AIDS high prevalence rates and deaths, declining education and socio-economic situation.
This among others has resulted to; increased number of street children at an alarming rate and adolescents, as more families have failed to meet their obligation to taking care of their children due to poverty; increased number of orphans to HIV/AIDS; neglect of young people by their parents; and increase child house hold headed families.
The majority of these street children and adolescents have nothing to do and are constantly forced into excessive beer drinking; smoking and other drugs, others such as girls are being exposed to sexual abuse and assault, including other criminal activities. Many of these children and adolescents can still be sent back to school and given material and psychosocial support, their extended family members can be identified to take full responsibility of children. Drop out adolescents can still be given a chance to gain sustainable economic generation skills, peer education and life skills education.
YOUR DONATION WILL
1) Open the gates of school for millions of children belonging to low socio-economic strata.
2) Provide school lunch to these children enabling them to choose school over labour.
3) Eradicate classroom hunger and promote education. Empower children to be resourceful.
"Hello, I'm a student of Standard IV in Manosapota Primary 2 School, Nadia, West Bengal, I want to become a Police Officer and protect lives every day."
- Samapti Sen,Manosapota, Simurali West Bengal.
"Hello, I study in Alaipur Manoroma Academy West Bengal. I want to become a District Collector and help rural people. I love Jiboner Alo’s school meals, especially rice and Fish Curry."
– Priya, Alaipur , Madanpur, West Bengal
"Hi, I study in Standard VI at Saguna Lichutala Adarsha Vidyalaya, West Bengal. I want to be an Architect. I love the food served by Jiboner Alo. It is always served in time."
– Tanaya Pradhan, Saguna, Kakyani, West Bengal.
"Hello, I study in Saraswati Trusty Secondary School Kalyani, West Bengal. I want to become a cricketer. I like the subzi, especially the soyabean nuggets."
– Shreyasi, Majherchor , Kalyani, West Bengal
DONATE NOW FOR GIFT A MEAL: SELECT AN AMOUNT OF DONATION :
Total Amount(₹) No of Children Can Be Feed for
3300 3 children AYear ( 12 Months)
5500 5 children AYear ( 12 Months)
7700 7 children AYear ( 12 Months)
9900 9 children AYear ( 12 Months)
12100 11 children AYear ( 12 Months)
15400 14 children AYear ( 12 Months)
19800 18 children AYear ( 12 Months)
26400 24 children AYear ( 12 Months)
30800 28 children AYear ( 12 Months)
38500 35 children AYear ( 12 Months)
44000 40 children AYear ( 12 Months)
49500 45 children AYear ( 12 Months)
55000 50 children AYear ( 12 Months)
66000 60 children AYear ( 12 Months)
77000 70 children AYear ( 12 Months)
110000 100children AYear ( 12 Months)
147400 134 children AYear ( 12 Months)
220000 200 children. AYear ( 12 Months)