US$202.00raised of $2,000.00 goal goal
JamTheWire.com broadcasts multiple channels of original music videos and audios 24/7 from a growing group of musician-songwriters to audiences worldwide over the internet. Musicians get exposure & another campaign targeting audiences raises money to share with musicians and charities. This campaign is for musician-songwriters to get their material up on JamTheWire.
Why do it:
To get exposure and cash. Audiences get something new to watch/ listen to rather than repetitive playlists from Music Industry's big name artists.
- Exposure: Even before Covid-19 it was tough for musician' to get exposure and make money off of their skills and hard work, let alone compete with well-known, signed artists on e.g. Spotify, to get only cents/ play. With few paying gigs, there's live-streaming, but musicians only get exposure while playing. JamTheWire artists are playable 24/7; audiences can select what they want to hear & musicians can also have their names & web site on the site. With their own channel, they can add a biography too.
- Get cash: JamTheWire shares audience funding (from a different campaign) with both musicians and charities, no advertising (for now). It uses "crowd power": JamTheWire, its musicians & charities all have incentives to increase audience size via their contacts, which promote everyone's music and increases cash flow. That's a win-win-win!
Here's how it works:
As a musician, here's how to get on board,
- Choose the Rewards that match the level of exposure you want, Current reward options are:
- $1 (minimum GoGetFunding allows) for 1 or 2 songs on 1 channel for 3 months.
- Additional songs
- Get a song on additional channels
- Be a Featured Artist of the Month on 1 channel
- Have your own channel with up to 60 min. of content
- Once you're picked your rewards, we exchange emails and outside this campaign,
- We sign a non-exclusive media license agreement
- You submit anything from audio + an image up to a full video for each song plus any text & links you want shown. We can work from YouTube uploads, too.
- For audio only, we create video content consisting of a still image, abstract video or a blank background at no extra charge for now.
- You pick the channel (or more if you selected those rewards) you want for each song/ video on (note: we need a minimum of 3 artists, & 30 min.of total content to start a new/ unused channel)
www.jamthewire.com is live now with about 3 hours of material on several channels with musicians from the US & UK so far, (aside from payment logistics there are no geographic limits) so check it out before choosing the rewards best for you. If your submission doesn't meet minimum standards (recording quality, no harmful content) if you can't fix it, you'll get a refund.
Joining JamTheWire gets musicians exposure and a share in audience revenue in proportion to the number of songs up on JamTheWire. JamTheWire gives musicians more control over their destiny, they can get as involved as they like, up to having their own channel & can start for free, so there's nothing to lose. Not only can they promote the site to their contacts, but other musicians & charities doing the same will greatly increase exposure for everyone on the site.
Risks & Challenges
JamTheWire.com is live now. The biggest uncertainty is whether & how much audiences will contribute & whether musicians & charities will share it with their contacts. To help, JamTheWire will provide periodic updates all stakeholders can share to grow the community as well as handle its own PR & outreach efforts.
As founder, I'm an experienced business professional. I have started/ co-started 3 successful businesses, including an international company that 11 of us cofounded. As a former VP Marketing, I understand promo campaigns & I have contacts all over the world. I also used a crowdfund campaign for my second CD.
As a musician, there's minimal risk & no risk if they start for free with 1 song or, if you're quick, 2 songs.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you're not a musician, just spread the word to any musician songwriters or music lovers you know; just direct them to www.jamthewire.com and the home page will link them to the audience crowdfund campaign.
No updates for this campaign just yet