In the autumn of last year we launched a crowdfunder to enable us to get a positive message about the human and natural wealth of Scotland in public spaces across the country. We couldn't have imagined the amazing response from folk across Scotland who believe that we will thrive as an independent nation and wanted us to shout this loud!
Your wonderful support has paid for us to:
- Deliver three Billboard campaigns. The first two sets of twelve boards gained a lot of attention to the theme of “Scotland: Big Enough, Smart Enough, Rich Enough”. Our current campaign “Westminster's Isn't Working for Us” will be on a wider spread of sites from March 9 th.
- Launch a 'motion graphic' campaign in pubs across the central belt highlighting areas of strength eg “Scotland's good for Fishing”
- Provide match-funding and support for local Yes groups in Peterhead and Dumfries & Galloway to widen the geographical spread of messaging.
With the talents of Colin Dunn (Indy Poster Boy) and Stewart Kerr Brown (Yes West Lothian) we have developed a range of infographic and visual images that can be downloaded to print as banners, posters and cards. We look forward to working with groups in the future to get them into the public eye. We are grateful to Phantom Power, The National Newspaper, Indy Live Radio and many others for helping us amplify our message.
Where are we right now?
Boris Johnston holds an 80 seat majority at Westminster. On January 14 th 2020 he refused Scotland's right hold a referendum on independence. On January 31 st he took Scotland out of the EU against the democratic wishes of its people.
Whilst Boris Johnson hopes to 'Lovebomb' Scotland with taxpayers money, we are developing a range of still and moving images to help folk understand the reality of his dangerous politics for Scotland. With your support we hope to be able to:
- Create a range of narrative cinema adverts to draw people into thinking that Independence is Normal.
- Scope out professional spec projecting equipment to be able to screen our and other filmmakers' work in different locations
- Continue to work with local groups to print banners and develop sites for display.
- Roll out more billboards both to build support for Independence and to apply maximum pressure to the UK Government.
Please donate, share and get in touch with us with ideas for future campaign ideas.