About the project
The main focus is educating young people about what legal use of softweare is, as well as with dark and deep web concepts. The target group are mature high school students. The plan is to have the project implemented in all secondary schools in Bosnia andHerzegovina.
An important part of the project is made out of two-day workshops, where the students participate working on:
- Getting familiar with basic IT products, primarily with software solutions
- Proper use of the Internet, as well as software (legally and licensed), as well as the security of surfing the Internet
- Getting acquainted with dark web (a lot of graduates are not familiar with the given term), and a downside internet
- Use anitivirus solutions and cloud technology
Content of the project
Keeping in mind that we live in a situation where a lot of young people are unfamiliar what the "illegal" use of software is and what consequences may result from stealing data, we would have created this project with the aim of strengthening awareness of the dangers of the illegal use of information technology and software legalization. The activities we have been planning could encourage young people to use more rationally information technology, and the overall social community. This could have been raised to a higher level.
Our project would be implemented two days per school.
The first day students would learn how to use totally free UBUNTU operating system, and the OpenOffice software package, which is also free of charge.
Graduates will learn how to legally download, install and use OS and software packages, and with no compromising on themselves as well as protecting their security while they are on a computer or the Internet.
The second day, graduates will be introduced to the leading antivirus and security company antivirus. The antivirus product promotion, as well as the antivirus Product Use Guide will beperformed in the same time.
In addition to antivirus, the learners would learn what the CLOUD system is, and we will present a 360 CLOUD solution for data retention.
At the end of the second day we will explain what is:
- Security on the Internet?
- How to open a verified site (https)?
- What is the illegal download of the program?
- What is Dark and Deep web?
After completing the theoretical part, we would launch the promotion of the movie "DEEP WEB", which was shot in 2015.
Number of high schools in
Bosnia and Hercegovina: 185