Only the person who haslost a family member, a close friend or a relative to terrorism will tell you how painful that pain is! It’s not only devastating, hurting and humiliating, but equally takes a community, country, and the entire world backwards.
We’ve all either witnessed firsthand, read or watched local and internal news on atrocities committed by extremists to innocent souls; young and old, educated and uneducated, rich and poor. Terrorists know no boundaries when meting their heinous acts.
- In 2015, One hundred and forty seven (147) innocent University students were brutally murdered in the college at Kenya’s Moi University, Garissa Campus by heartless extremists
- On the 14th of April 2014, Boko Haram extremist group abducted 276 very vulnerable school girls from Nigeria’s Chibok, Borno State. 57 of the girls escaped but 217 are still out there in the unmerciful hands of these extremists. Are these girls still alive or dead? Have they been forcefully converted into terrorists? What’s in the minds of the affected families, friends and relatives?... and the questions will never cease.
- In 2014, Terrorists attacked Nairobi’s premier shopping mall, The Westgate Mall, and killed over sixty (60) innocent souls. Outrageously, they did not bother to spare scared and helpless children and pregnant women. These were their first casualties!
- On 11th March 2004 (also known in Spain as 11-M), over 191 innocent people lost their lives in the brutal Madrid train bombings.
- And what of the horrifying USA’s September 11, 2001 attack? Did you know 2,996 people lost their lives while thousands were left seriously wounded on that fateful day? And in December 2015, 14 people were killed and 22 others badly wounded in a terrorist attack at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino. And In 1998, the USA’s Embassy in Kenya’s capital, Nairobi and one in Tanzania were attacked by extremists where over two hundred (200) innocent civilians lost their lives and other hundreds seriously wounded.
- What of the attacks in Paris? The 1995 Paris Métro and RER bombings where eight lives were lost and over a hundred injured. The Charlie Hebdo Shooting in September 2015, and the infamous well coordinated three attacks around Stade de France in November 2015 during the France Vs Germany friendly football match?
- And last but not least, what of the recent killings of innocent tourists and locals in Ivory Coast’s Grand Bassam? Did those over 18 people deserve such a cruel death? Dying while on holiday.
If we all sit back and do nothing, the situation will possibly worsen. That’s why I am on a mission and I am in dire need of your support.
Did you know each new day; at least 500 youths are lured and recruited into terrorists’ networks across the globe? Well, many may readily point to the hopelessness and joblessness of a number of youths as a major contributing factor; a fact I can’t equally deny, but truth is, it’s time the world stood together and put to a halt all these terrorist acts. Remember, these terrorists are just our brothers and sisters who hold extreme views about certain issues in life.
I am carrying out an exploratory delicate research on the subject of THE RECRUITMENT OF YOUTHS INTO TERRORIST NETWORKS. I am on a mission to find answers to some of the questions you and I have been asking for a while; linking youths to terrorism. In the end, I intend to establish ways through which the word can successfully thwart the growth of these extremist groupings, and possibly bring their demeaning operations to a halt.
- What makes a number of youths vulnerable to the terrorists’ narrative?
- Why is it so easy for terrorists to identify lure and subsequently recruit a number of today’s youth’s into their networks; educated or uneducated?
- What carrot do extremists dangle to the youths in order to trap them into their networks?
- Why do terrorists appear to be steps ahead in use of modern technology and social networks in targeting youths and subsequently radicalizing them?
- How can youths stay away from radicalization?
- What ways can governments across the globe use to slow down and eventually kill the absorption of youths into these extremist networks?
On Wednesday, 1st June 2016, I will be travelling to Dadaab Refugee Camp. Notably, Dadaab is the world’s largest UNHCR base with over 300,000 refugees.
Truth is, most people believe that refugee camps are fertile grounds for ready absorption of youths into terrorist networks. My research focus during this mission will be to establish if hopelessness and joblessness could be motivating factors for youths to join extremist networks. I will be leaving no stone un-turned in this quest. With the help of trusted locals, I will strive to find out if there could be any youths recruited into any terrorist network from the camp. If positive, then will I intend to unravel the motivation and promises behind such recruitment(s). I will want to find out how the recruited youth(s) were identified? Who identified and approached them? I will further establish if there could be other youths who have been approached but refused join the radicalization trap? What made them resist the terrorists’ narrative? And what measures can governments put in place to curb radicalization of vulnerable youths within refugee camps and other low life settlement areas world over.
I will be in Dadaab for two Months and thereafter, make my next stop at Kenya’s Moi University (Garissa Campus). This is where over 147 innocent University Students were brutally killed at dawn by terrorists. My focus during this visit will be to establish measures which public and private institutions can put in place to curb attack by terrorists cushion their members from terrorist acts.
Thereafter, I will be in Nairobi for three more months.
I will recruit five researchers to help me in this quest: two youths (male and female), and three adults (one female and two males). Together, we will comb through some of the famous and infamous terrorist’s attacks across the world and establish: the perpetrator’s motive, the groups involved, age of the perpetrators, devises used, targeted persons and nature of the attack (whether it (they) involved a suicide bomber or not).
My thirst is finding working solutions to stopping future terrorist acts across the globe and this can only be realized by doing accurate research backed by correct data. If young people could be shielded from being lured into terrorist networks, then this may mark the start of deaths of these merciless groups. The strength of these groups lie in the number of energetic young people within their networks. They are either strong or weak depending on the number of youths they have within their networks.
I am in need of $9,500 to successfully accomplish this noble task. Once the task is a accomplished, I will freely distribute the findings to each and everyone who shall have made a donation. (This work will be out on 1st December 2016). I will equally disseminate these findings to as many government and private institutions across the globe as possible.
The financial projections for this task include:
- Logistics and Accommodation = $2,500
- Food and security = $2,500
- Travel = $1,000
- Emergency = $1,000
- Allowances for the five research members = $2,000
How you can help
Kindly donate whatever you’ve got. $1,$5,$10,$20, $50, $100….. Any amount received counts.
- Each amount received is synonymous to a young person’s soul reached and saved from the snares of extremists.
- Each amount received is synonymous to a family saved from the agony of losing their son or daughter to the family of terrorists and extremists.
- Each amount received is synonymous to an innocent person or groups of innocent persons saved from unnecessary early death(s) or wounding due to grisly acts of terrorists.
- Each amount received is synonymous to thwarted terrorist acts.
Help spread this story
Kindly feel free to share this story with people in your socal networks: Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram, My Space, Snapchat etc. Share it with your Whats App contacts/groups. You can also send an email to your friends and relatives asking for their support towards this noble cause.
Because of terrorism, many families have been rendered homeless and hopeless. Because of terrorism, many children have been turned into orphans at very tender ages. Because of terrorism, many relationships and families have been torn apart. Because of terrorism, many once able families have now been reduced into groupings of vulnerable and scared beings living like wild animals in tattered makeshifts.
With your support, we can make this world a safer place for all to co-exist peacefully. Lets all support our youths to access education, encourage them to work hard, to be honest and of impeccable character, as these are the invaluable values that will lead them towards good and fulfilling lives. We have a duty to make vulnerable youths aware of the false promises of terrorists and their sympathizers. These promises are nothing short of early deaths in form of bloody suicides. Terrorism is no solution. Peaceful co-existence is everything. The world deserves peace now more than ever. This will be my small contribution to tackle the menace of terrorism and I AM COUNTING ON YOU.