US$3,528.00raised of $20,000.00 goal goal
Thanks a lot for visiting this page and considering to support ISF. From here it is just a few more clicks to help making a difference for children in Cambodia. Any amount donated will help ISF to continue its amazing efforts during these difficult months and you can be sure that your money will make an impact where it is most needed. Thanks a lot for your support! Erik
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 schools in Cambodia have been closed and will remain shut until at least November 2020. The life of the children and communities that ISF supports have been impacted drastically. Children cannot come to school to get their education, meals, and health screening. Parents often cannot pursue their work to earn a living. ISF has been forced to find innovative ways to continue offering our holistic support to protect the health, education and livelihoods of students and their families. These include:
- Online and take-home lessons with tablets and top-up mobile data credits for students who need it.
- Monthly food parcels to 555 families and additional parcels and meals available to those experiencing extreme financial hardship.
- Access to free healthcare and medical support at our ISF facilities
- Career counselling to help with employment opportunities
- Advocating for reduced rental fees or deferments with 119 local landlords.
- Encouraging children to stay active at home with home exercise
The generosity of donors in the past has allowed ISF to build reserves and so maintain support for the last three months. However, the cancellation of fundraising events and an understandable fall in contributions from corporations and trusts means that we are operating with fast-depleting resources. Limited funding has forced us to make difficult decisions including short- and long-term budget cuts and restricting existing programming. We have also decided that sadly we cannot take on any new students this year.
For the reasons outlined above, ISF urgently needs new funds if we are to continue providing our services into the future. In this regard, I would be extremely grateful if you would consider providing financial support to ISF.
- Erik Lorenz
This support campaign was created Jul 20, 2020
No updates for this campaign just yet