This campaign is to raise money for buying an iPad pro to my students, who are learning English as their foreign language.
No one can deny the role of technology in education especially when it comes to learners motivation and attitude. iPads have been a great tool for teachers and materials developers to provide interactive materials and present multimedia information. Besides, there are plenty of educational iOS apps to improve reading, writing, and other skills compared with the other platforms.
These kids are crazy about the apps like the tiny tap on my old iPhone 4s with the 3.5-inch display! They take turns to play the educational games by writing, matching and correcting the words to improve their fluency. Sometimes they collaborate in groups (improving communication skills) and compete with other to set the highest scores before the phone battery dies!
Considering the economic crisis, the limitations, and high inflation rate (the price of the device is even higher than the global price) in a developing country where we live, getting an iPad Pro is a dream for many teachers and students. Besides, we plan to get a smart pencil to cover the students' needs in the classroom if we could get the iPad Pro with a reasonable price.
Why iPad Pro?
- Simply the size! The bigger screen would result in better engagement.
- Faster processor. Since we are going to use many educational apps in the classroom beside the teacher's survival apps, powerful specs mean the longer use of the iPad over years and more student would be affected by the donation.
- Unique apps. There are many educational apps specifically designed for iPads.
- Working with the smart pencil. This would help students share their ideas and thought in their drawings to increase creativity and productivity.
- Saving trees. iPad is a great tool for formative assessment. No more printed materials and exam papers.
Nowruz is the name of the new year here and many of us celebrate this day. I want you to be the Santa clause for my students! After the holidays, the students get back to school and they would be surprised by your gift!
I highly appreciate your donations which would definitely result in better future through educating creative, collaborative and motivated individuals.