Who We Are
Happy Hands Fund is a non-profit company, governed by a board of directors.Our programme and staff are committed to delivering quality community services of social value and practical benefit.
Our vision is for a resilient and socially inclusive community that cares for the well-being of all.
Happy Hands - Be wise and Sanitize, based on the W.H.O and CDC initiative is a campaign to provide vulnerable young people with health education and a convenient and effective way to prevent contracting of harmful diseases.
In particular, The campaign seeks to help young students by:
- Educating them on the dangers of bacteria
- Providing a convenient way to clean hands.
- Creating a habit of ensuring hands are clean.
- Decreasing illness, such as Trachoma, influenza and ebola.
- Decreasing mortality rate of infants due to diarrhoea.
- Decreasing in absenteeism among students and educators.
- Promoting Water conservation
This campaign is designed to create awareness by print material such as, posters, brochures, etc. and to improve hand hygiene by providing a pocket size hand sanitizer to each pupil free of charge.
By the end of the campaign the youth will:
- Have learned the dangers of bacteria and importance of hand hygiene.
- Improve hand hygiene habits.
- Reduce the risk of contracting infectious diseases.
- Reduce the number of days absent.
- Reduce medical expenses.
- Educate others on the importance of hand hygiene.
- Conserve water.
Conducting the campaign will be done by a team of volunteers. Unfortunately, the hand sanitizers and print material comes at a cost at R12 per student. Each school has between 800-1000 students. One school at a time, we can make a change.
The success of this campaign depends on the funding we receive.
Your contribution can make a difference no matter how big or small.
Our Children Our Future!