I have been accepted to be a participant at the Pacific Region Summer Music Festival in Powell River, British Columbia. http://orchestra-academy.ca/ This is a huge opportunity that will not only introduce me to the professional music world, but will aid in my ongoing cognitive rehabilitation from Lyme disease. Many of you saw me when I was very ill, but there is a whole new chapter being written offline now, because I am well enough to be out of bed!
I never expected to be accepted to such a prestigious program, and I won't be able to go without your help. I have received a scholarship for half of the tuition cost, bringing it down to $500. My tuition is now covered! Lodging is now taken care of as well. Travel is the most expensive part, and will cost $1,300 more. This is my only expense not yet completed!
Thank you for everything you have already done for me, for your encouragement, and for your inspirational spirits.
UPDATE: Due to offline donations I have reworked my numbers!
Thank you to those of you who have so kindly contributed to this seemingly impossible dream!
Here is an exact list of where I am and what I still need:
1. My tuition ($500) is paid for (yay!!!)
2. The plane ticket and rental car are $1,036.73. I have $500.
3. The cello rental is $100.
4. The shuttle to and from the Atlanta airport is $78.
5. The ferries roundtrip are $127.
6. Lodging is $0.
7. Gas will be around $200.
8. I have to have a $200 balance on my card to use as a hold for the rental car company.