US$1,305.00raised of $10,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
My friends and I who are passionate about making a difference particularly in the lives of infants, are climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in August to raise funds to be spent on improving conditions at the largest referral hospital in Tanzania – Muhimbili National Hospital’s Pediatrics and Child health department’s Neonatal Unit.
The funds shall be specifically spent on:
- Acquisition of critical medical equipment and supplies for use at the unit
- General improvements to the infrastructure per careful needs assessment jointly with the management of the hospital.
The Neonatal Unit of the hospital cares for new-born babies of up to 28 days of life. Babies are kept in special rooms depending on the diagnosis or underlying problem and the rooms are provided with necessary equipment depending on the needs, e.g. incubators, resuscitation equipment etc. Services provided in the neonatal unit include:
- Care of low birth weight babies including premature and small for gestational age babies who may be normal or sick.
- Normal term babies whose mothers are sick or not able to care for the babies
- Babies with birth asphyxia and congenital anomalies
- Babies with infections eg. pneumonia, septicaemia, etc
- Babies with other complications of new born.
- Follow up clinic for the children who were admitted in the ward and other patients with newborn problems referred from other hospitals in the country
No part of the funds raised from this campaign shall be used to fund our climb which means 100% of all donations shall be carefully deployed to the main goal of improving holistically, the conditions at the neonatal unit!!!
We humbly request your generous support for our cause😊. Thanking you in advance for your show of generosity and humanity.
Thank you and god bless.
The A Team.
- Sarina Murji
- Social media manager
Mt KilimanjaroUpdate posted by Nishad Jinah at 03:56 pm
With a lot of humility myself and 3 of my friends managed to summit Mt Kilimanjaro on 12th August 2019🙂 This was a monumental achievement for me and my friends and it is our sincere hope that our achievement will propel you to support our campaign more than ever before