According to different studies found on the Web, more than 763 children have died due to pediatric vehicular heatstroke (summer) or from hypothermia (winter) since 1998 because they were forgotten in the back seat of a car, and that’s only in the U.S.
No statistics seem available for Canada as of yet, although several deaths have been reported, the latest of which occurred early July this year of 2018 in the Greater Montreal area.
All of these deaths could have been prevented. The saddest part is, pediatric experts agree to say that with today's fast-paced daily obligations, even the most loving and caring parents or caregivers can, at one point in their lives, forget a child in the back seat of a car when busy, rushed, stressed, distracted, or experiencing a change in routine.
Although developpers are taking giant steps in creating all sorts of electronic devices and gadgets that connect to phones or key rings, send alarms, notifications and the like to help in preventing the Forgotten Child Syndrome, let's admit it.... Technology is not foul proof. At one point or another, devices or apps stop working because of bugs or other problems or reasons. We forget to turn them on, or we are not tech savvy enough to fully maximize their usage even if we solely rely on them. Plus, some simply can't afford the costs related to them (phone data usage, monthly subscriptions, installation, etc).
What is IN MY SEAT ?
IN MY SEAT is a simple device that can help in preventing such tragic fatalities. Made of a wide sturdy black nylon strap with a bright yellow/glow in the dark padded cushion in the middle, it attaches on the driver's side and keeps Mom, Dad, or any driver from exiting the car without remembering to take kiddo along.
In short, IN MY SEAT :
- Is washable, sturdy, reliable and will never fail you when you use it (unlike fancy technology)
- Is affordable and won't require additional costs (so everyone can get it at a fair price and we're working hard on keeping the costs well below 50$)
- Is easy to use and only takes less than 2 minutes to install or remove
- Easily adjusts to ANY vehicle
- Its bright yellow/glow in the dark middle cushion catches the eye and is a clear indication to first responders looking inside the vehicle that there is a child in the car, in case of a collision or an accident
- Doesn't require monthly subscriptions, energy, technology or rocket-science knowledge or degree
- Will last a long, long time (we believe longer than your vehicle will !!!)
- Can be used while travelling with pets too ! (yes, sadly, pets also get forgotten in cars...)
- Makes a great gift to offer to any parent or caregiver. It simply shows you care just as much as they do.
- Comes with a 5 year warranty (conditions on proper usage apply)
- But above it all, SIMPLY SAVES LIVES....
So... What are the next steps ?
- Saving lives !!!! Many of them !!! Worldwide !!!
- Getting our prototype out and launching IN MY SEAT out in the world !
- Launching our Website so we can keep in touch with the world and get feedback, make special offers, reach out, help out and create a safer world for travelling tots.
- Increasing awareness and empowering parents and caregivers
- Meeting with car builders/manufacturers and show them this simply amazing life-saving device so they can integrate it along with their own life-saving devices.
And for our ultimate goal...
- Lobbying and making IN MY SEAT and similar devices mandatory for everyone travelling with a child... We all have to wear seatbelts and put our child in approved car seats when travelling. Why can't we take it one step further and make saving lives mandatory ?
WANT TO CONTACT US ? You can do so at: [email protected]
WHERE DO YOU STEP IN ?
Of course, for every dream of saving lives, there is a need for funds and we can't do it alone just yet. That's where, we hope, you'll step in. Every dollar counts (Yes !! Even if it's just 1$ !!)
There are many ways you can help. One of them is by simply sharing our campaign with as many people as you can. It only takes a few minutes, and it will certainly help us tremendously !!
The faster we accomplish our goal, the faster we will start saving lives ! We need to get out there and show the world that preventing fatalities is possible ! Hands-on, live presentations, a functional Website, you name it, we're working hard at it !! But we do need your help to get there.
Whoever said receiving, also meant giving. For those who wish to contribute to our campaing, we've created special perks in order to say THANK YOU in helping us reach our goal !