US$645.00raised of $1,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
This year I turn 50 and I am so fucking *insert adjective* to be here with you in this crazy beautiful world! Let's have a bash! $10 gets you in the door.
- What is it? a very special gathering meant to celebrate the beautiful things in life, including you and me
- When is it? well, the campaign begins now and lasts through May; my birthday is February 12, but the party won't be until May 4th, when the weather is more accommodating; and it will be an afternoon and evening affair
- Well, where? why, 219 Sims
- How's it go? for my birthday give me money, and in return I will throw us all a party!
- What's in it? an afternoon backyard journey through creative, interactive play-stations, with roving musicians, live performances, living art, poetry and games, all of which you can be a full participant or a casual observer; and an evening of song and dance (including 2 concerts), food and drink, a late-night fire and skyful of stars; you supply the tears and laughter, a willingness to be present, and $10, we'll provide ... a lot - maybe even babysitters and rides home
- Is that it?! um, no, actually - we are going to create art together and our art is going to be a gift to ourselves, to the community and the world
- But why all this hassle for a birthday? really?!
Because we are bizarre fuckin miracles, that’s why! Because we breathe in air emitted by plants, and fly in metal missiles over oceans (in which we swim with fish above the coral reefs); and we caramelize things in cast iron pans and spin softness from cotton to cover our bodies; and water comes out of our eyes sometimes when we hear the vibrations of strings bent by a horsehair ribbon; and when we cut onions, and when we laugh, and when poets die, we cry; sometimes our hearts flutter like bird wings; under a veil of dancing particles and invisible chemical reactions, we meet; gather cold rocks in our soft hands, then clench and lift and strike - sparks! So, come; be with me this day for the joy of having felt warmth upon your skin (and you know that all things are possible now), and for cool, quenching water, upon which you have floated - like a gotdam miracle! - (and you understand, now, that all things really are possible), and for creatures that eat dirt and shit fertilizer, which then feeds the plants that cover the world with oxygen-love - they must really do love us - (and now, surely, you understand). Let us be the best of the whole of the world for one day; let us be peace and love and laughter and tears together. Come breathe with me, and dream, and sit still and listen, remember and laugh, and let go. Come be. Be you. Be us.
- Tori Kleffman
- Paul Feather
No updates for this campaign just yet