ZAR2,400.00raised of R3,000,000.00 goal goal
The campaign owner has stopped the page from accepting further donations. Please contact them if you'd still like to donate
Imbasa Feed A Family
Imbasa started in May of 2020, in midst of COVID-19. The reason why Imbasa was started was to be able to help the people by delivering a product that is superior, affordable and locally available.
We wanted to take it to the next level by helping the children that do not have any means to food during holiday seasons.
Our goal is simple, we want to help as much children that we can. The statistics show that 2.8 million children experience hunger weekly in South Africa. Whereas 600 000 experiences it daily. 7 500 children die each year from hunger.
This is wat we want to do:
- We want to help each child to never experience hunger again
- We want to help the parents of this child, that they may be able to support their household again
Our goals are simple, feed as may children as possible.
In the video linked above you can see that the people that received the packages were either elderly or disabled. We have saw how much this package meant to them. For us, it is not a lot, but for them it is their last food.
The package of R100 includes the following:
- 10kg Super White Maize Meal
- 1kg Sugar
- 500g Salt
- 500g Soya
- Drink O Pop
- Few Sweets
The reason why we chose these items is because of the following:
- Super White Maize Meal
- According to the Household Affordability Index for September 2021, maize meal is the first items that is bought, and the average weight is a 30KG in families
- We chose sugar, as it is used daily in our lives and it is normally used with the super white maize meal
- Salt is also an item that is in the top 10 of items that are bought in household, and it just makes sense as you use salt on your food.
- This item we chose by recommendation, we asked some of the families in the townships if they use soya, and the feedback was that they use it as a source of protein.
- Drink O Pop
- This is something small that the children can enjoy from time to time.
How Can You Help?
You can help by donating. We have made the price R100, which can easily be donated by the GoFundMe website. We would like to encourage people to send this link and this video to as many people as possible. We want to be able to feed children each month. Therefore we ask that you can help us with this task. Your help can change a child’s life.
- Joe Schoeman
No updates for this campaign just yet