Hi! I'm Hanna and I am trying to raise funds for my partner for 6years, Joyce. We live in Metro Manila, Philippines and on our 32nd day of enhanced community quarantine due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
Joyce was involved on a public utility jeepney accident last March 30, 2015 so she's been through a lot for the past 5 years. Her right leg was crushed between two vehicles and she almost lost it. The "tibia" and "fibula" of her leg was all cracked and the only thing that connects it together was a small piece of her flesh. Following are some of the detailed procedures and surgeries done.
• March 30, 2015 - 1st Surgery. Summer holiday, accident day. She was rushed to the hospital 7pm and went to surgery at 3am. We waited that long. After the surgery there was a fiber glass cement on her leg to support it while we are looking for money to buy her first leg apparatus.
• April 1, 2015 - 2nd surgery. The installation of the External Fixation (XFix)
• Month of June 2015 - Start of our 2nd year in uni. She was able to go to school during that time with my help but eventually we stop going to school due to financial problems (daily transportation= uber) & other fees including food and school fees.
• Month of August 2015 - The External Fixation was removed and replaced twice with Fiber Glass to atleast support her leg and can try to walk as normal as possible.
• May 2016 -3rd Surgery. The doctors decided to install and Internal Titanium on her right leg because the External Fixation didn't help anything at all on her bone growth.
• June 2016 - I'm able to go back to school!! Yey! Every struggle that we've been to really made me emotionally and mentally unstable. I'm really on my darkest times, I can't talk to others that resulted to me being alone all the time at school.
• September 2016 - After 4 months, she can walk with support (forearm crutch) and eventually can walk without it and live in a little less painful situation. :))
• November 24, 2018 - Our birthday celebration. 2 years after the installation of the Internal Titanium, we noticed that her leg was a bit slanted but because of financial problems (again) she told us that there's nothing to be worried about and we will settle this after the year ends.
• February 2018 - We went to the hospital to make her leg checked up and the doctors found out that the internal titanium was already broken inside her leg. They told us that the last option we have is the ILIZAROV.
• Between February and June 2018 - We seek for financial help to be able to buy the Ilizarov Titanium.
• June 16, 2019 - 4th Surgery. The Ilizarov was succesfully installed on her damaged leg. This was the start of our sleepless nights and her crying herself to sleep. Lots of injected and oral pain relievers, antibiotics and vitamins. For the past 4 years she endured a lot of pain and I am really really proud of her for being brave and tough.
• August 2, 2019 - 5th Surgery. She had to go thru this alignment surgery. It helped her leg to go back to its natural straight shape. This was the hardest and most painful operation according to her. She told me that she felt like dying during the operation. She cried a lot after this because of pain.
• March 15, 2020 - Start of the quarantine due to COVID-19 pandemic.
• March 23, 2020 - We aren't able to go to the hospital for her monthly check up due to quarantine and no source of transpo/money. Supposedly it was the day that we've been waiting for: her ilizarov removal.
• Today - I'm seeking for your help. I have to raise at least $60 (3000 Philippine Peso) for us to be able to go to the hospital on the 23rd of this month. We need this money to rent a car for the transpo, tools needed for the removal and doctor's fee. The Ilizarov isn't supposed to stay on her for a long time.
5SOSFam & LGBTQ Community please, I really need your help right now. Any amount is okay and I will be forever thankful for it. Please help us. Thank you for reading our story. ❤️