I hope that all of you are well.
I am Kabir Md Rabiul, studying International Trade under combined Master and Phd program at Inje University, South Korea since August, 2017. Originally I am from Bangladesh.Already I have completed fifth semester with 36 credits out of 54 credits. I get 85% waiver on my tuition fees only. So, I have to bear the rest 15% of tuition fee, room rent, food costs, utility bills and other living costs. I have to stay here more than one and half years to fulfill my degree.
Also my little baby and my wife are with me in Korea. My baby is going to a local Kindergarten school from March, 2019. Thus, I have to also carry her school fees.
Mentioned that already I have made a debt (borrowed money from others) equivalent up to 13 thousand US dollar to continue my study and run my family.
The upcoming semester will start in March, 2020. But I am afraid that I am not in good condition financially.
That makes me hurt:
Sometimes my baby tells me please dad give this one or that one.” In this situation most of the time I try to manage her not to get the item. If it is not possible to manage her, I just remain silent. She says recurrently without getting any response from me. Being upset at last She says okay dad please give me it later. I just feel deep sorrow and tears start dropping from my eyes.
Situation in Korea for International students:
Mentioned that the living cost in Korea is high. However, to cope up with this situation for the international students like me is so tough. There are very limited and specific areas for part time job for the international students in Korea due to rules in many cases. Language barrier is also mention-able. Moreover a foreign student has to a good command in Korean language which is not always affordable for the students.
In this critical situation I am suffering lots and I will not able to continue my study without financial help. If I don’t get any help, certainly I have to stop my study and then situation will lead me to an uncertain life.
Regarding Visa renewal condition for International students:
Moreover, every year an International student like me has to renew Visa. For this, before applying of Visa renewal I have to show bank statement for the amount of 10 million Korean won or 10 thousand US dollar. It’s very difficult for me. To handle this situation I just borrow Korean won from other persons for a short while and back it them. But, at present people are not agree to do it. On the other hand, the alternative option is instead of showing bank statement for the amount of 10 million Korean won or 10 thousand US dollar is if a student kept monthly average balance of 1 million won and around 750,000 of living expenses was regularly deposited in his/her bank account for recent 1 year. Truly speaking it is also out of my ability.
My voluntary activities:
However, I engaged myself before in few mentionable voluntary works like working as a volunteer in cyclone SIDR (November 15, 2007) and AILA (May 24, 2009) affected area which made havoc in the southern part of Bangladesh. And most tragic experience I had in my life when I was serving as a rescuer at Rana Plaza collapsed tragedy (April 24, 2013) in Savar, Dhaka.
Area of future interest:
I always want to work for victim people. And my most desirable area is working for organic agriculture and green economy with food safety. I have a plan to set up an Agricultural University in future. I strongly believe that my degree and many others cooperation will help to reach my goal.
Corona Virus (Covid-19) threat in Korea:
At present, a new threat in Korea is Corona virus. This virus makes us very worried. All things are being nightmare for me. Because my daughter’s school fees and many other bill still unpaid. Right now shortage of money makes me more worried. Please do something for us.
I earnestly request all of you please help me to continue my Master combined PhD program and to tackle the situation. I greatly appreciate Your kind contribution and it will be more useful for me. Thank you for your support.
I believe that all tough situations will be managed and I will create a better world…
Very Kind Regards,
Kabir Md Rabiul
Combined Master and PhD Program
Dept. of International Trade
Inje University, South Korea
E-mail : [email protected]
Cell Phone No.: +82 010 88146743 (Whatsapp)