Abstinence Kenya has put up a computer lab/ICT project dubbed “I-school” within its resource centre and later on in other parts of Nairobi where young people from low income areas and its members will benefit from computer training ranging from basic IT training to Web Designing and accessing adequate life skills information.
It will provide quality ICT skills and Multimedia Design disciplines. However as a progressive and growing project, I-school will not be limited to these disciplines alone but also seek to adopt a multispectral and interdisciplinary approach in training and development of ICT materials for different types of clientele.
I-School, is a noble course set to transform the lives of many people especially the refugees from Somali living in the Eastleigh and also others from the slums through ICT. This will encourage and inspire them to abandon the many recent illegal terror groups that has recently contributed to the high cases of insecurity and xenophobia in our estates.
I-Schools intends to target the youth in Eastleigh especially the refugees of Somali origin and from other neighboring informal settlements in order to bridge the digital divide in the socio-economic environment, those with fairly modern technology who wish to upgrade or learn maintenance for the same, from High Schools, Organized Youth groups, Community Based organizations as well as private or individuals.
Again as part of our vision to empower the youth who are behind the ICT revolution in Eastleigh, we will offer packages and Multimedia skills through an intensive activity based curriculum developed and prepared by our experienced professional trainers.
- To provide quality, ICT and Multimedia consultancy training to our target audience.
- To bridge the digital divide in the socio-economic environment
- To develop suitable home and school based training in ICT and Multimedia packages for different clientele.
- To develop and maintain a pool of ICT experts capable of improving the performance and pushing the limits of service delivery.
- To eventually develop a training and consultancy program in networking and systems analysis including other relevant IT areas.
- To develop working relationships and collaborations with different entities who share similar objectives with I-Schools.
- To indulge the youth especially the refugee of Somali origin in productive and proactive activities that assist them change their behavior.