Being an individual that was brought up and raised in the heart of Africa, I would say has most definitely shaped me and prepared for who I am today. However during these years of my upbringing I was able to understand the conditions of my other fellows around me. Which brings me my point today, that during this journey I was able to discover the following:
- that there are millions of children especially in rural/remote communities who experience extreme poverty and as a result of this, they suffer from poor health conditions and lack of clothing.
- that there are hundreds of children especially in the rural/remote communities who stay at home and from their yards watch their peers as they pass on the way dressed in their uniforms and school bags going to school - they play the watching part.
- that hundreds of children these days still die from malnutrition. Visualize
Being someone who was able to see this first hand and together with a few others who went through the same experience, we found that the only way we could make a change before our eyes was to start up a charity organization called Hope for Vulnerable Children Association [HOVUCA] used to help all those children who struggle to live their daily lives, and at most deserve much better.
Our vision and goal is to shape and make these children, into better and stronger people. To improve their lifestyle and at most make each day better and brighter. We hope you will join us in this.
- Imagine a child who use to live with his/her biological parents or caring relatives and enjoying freedom with the parents and around the house suddenly finds his/herself in a strange environment with no relatives, deprived of her freedom, deprived of proper or sufficient food, deprived from the friends they used to play with etc, What future holds for such a child/children. At HOVUCA, we have been struggling to integrate such children with loving families so that they come out of their trauma and live a normal life again. We wish you join us in this.
Imagine children between 15 and 18 years who are heads of a household with siblings to take care as they have lost both parents due to HIV/AIDS and who have no reliable family member to take care of them. Worst still, imagine a case where a 17 years old girls is not only a house head to take care of her siblings but takes care of both parents who are living but bed ridden. This is what is happening in the communities unknown to many. At HOVUCA, we focus on family strengthening in these cases - where we donate small money for child headed family to do small gardening or small businesses so that they can sustain their family. We hope well wishers like you join us in this struggle so that we go further to take care of the family while the child (head of the house) who has dropped out of school just to hawk and care for the family should go back to formal school or take up vocational training geared towards income generation.
What the Funds are for:
For all the people seeing this, donations from this campaign will go towards.
1) Helping children who as a result of the ongoing armed conflict in Cameroon are displaced and living in misery, the funds will buy bags of rice, WASH Kits and other non food items like mattresses, cloths, pullovers, etc
2)Helping with basic medical treatment for a few of those children that are suffering from bad health conditions
3) Removing children who stay at home and sending them to primary schools. Thereby making them to become school goers and not observers again.
4) Helping with family strengthening for child headed household (those orphan children under 18 years who have assumed the responsibility of their parents who have passed away due to HIV/AIDS.
Dear all, any form of contribution is welcome, as every little helps.
And I will leave you with this “Every Child Counts!”
Thank you all
#Positivity Breeds Happiness
Lots of Love, Zakie.